My 6,000th post on SP

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
Big Benn

by Big Benn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Andinistaloco wrote:Thanks... really it's not so bad as it sounds. My PT says the left shoulder could return without surgery if I'm lucky, and the right, hell, I've been climbing with it like that for years (though I can't climb two days in a row). Might get it fixed this year... my doc's eager to chop something up.

I've missed out on how you did this. Or forgotten. :oops:

What happened?

Can you reply by way of an edit to an earlier post. So you don't pull away from me with post counts! :D

:wink:

Andinistaloco

by Andinistaloco » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Bryan Benn wrote:
Andinistaloco wrote:Thanks... really it's not so bad as it sounds. My PT says the left shoulder could return without surgery if I'm lucky, and the right, hell, I've been climbing with it like that for years (though I can't climb two days in a row). Might get it fixed this year... my doc's eager to chop something up.

I've missed out on how you did this. Or forgotten. :oops:

What happened?

Can you reply by way of an edit to an earlier post. So you don't pull away from me with post counts! :D

:wink:

Eh, I don't post much any more, so I imagine you'll pass me up around March 10th or so, Bryan. Just a rough estimate.

Left shoulder - courtesy of a slip in Sedona. Pretty pathetic, as it wasn't difficult terrain.

Right shoulder (more interesting story) - courtesy of Mt. Owen. Not sure what route I was on... some funky variation of Koven, probably. Anyway I lost my one foothold and dropped. My left hand slipped, but the right held. Kudos to my right shoulder for being strong enough to take the shock-load of all the weight. Negative aspect - the hideous crunching noise from deep inside when it did.

So I can't climb too hard any more, but it's not like I really ever did. :wink:

hansw

by hansw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:54 pm

And this is my 5,000th.
:D

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:01 pm

hansw wrote:And this is my 5,000th.
:D

And some good stuff in there Hans. :D

Now, if I take out all my posts that include the words, "dirndl" or "Bavarian Serving Wench", I think you would be way ahead of me!

Not that it's a race of course.

Previous

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander