I'm catching up on TRs etc at the moment, (have spent too much time on PnP recently
It does take time, and I still have some queries that I am going to post on this Forum soon.
But my basic technique is to:
1. Open a new folder on my PC.
2. Copy all photos that I want to use into it, at the full size I want them to be uploaded to SP at.
3. In the same PC folder I write the commentary to go on the TR, complete with the headings I consider appropriate.
I doing the above I am referencing back to the photos I plan to upload to get an idea of where I want them to appear in my TR.
I am not doing photo captions at this point in time.
The above may take me a few days on and off, but as yet I have not gone near SP. It's all been done on my PC. I check the photos, usually removing some that don't fully tie in with the text, and also re check the text for content, spelling etc.
Upload to SP
1. Open new page via "create page". Load all the text along with all the headings. I use copy/paste from my PC folder to do this. That is very quick. And satisfying as the bulk of the wording is posted within minutes!
2. Then add new images, one at a time. I try and do that quickly, adding short captions as I do each one. As Bob says, after each image is loaded, go to the top of that image page and click on "load another image" that speeds things up.
3. When all images are uploaded, open each image and note the SP number for each one. If you chose a quiet time for SP, (ie. circa 09.00 GMT), you can get consecutive numbers!
4. Then I put images where I want them in the text. I do the first using "insert image" from the editor, then use copy/paste so I can put them exactly where I want them in the text. Having the SP numbers allows me to do that without having to go back to any of the images.
5. Now the hard part. I go back and make changes to the text I had posted at the start to "fill in gaps" between the photos and to make sure the text reads correctly for the photos it appears next to. That is what takes a lot of the time for me.
Not sure if this is what you want Dingus?
Lolli has helped me a bit with the procedures I use! Thank you Lolli.