OR Firebrand Gloves

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
absinthe52

OR Firebrand Gloves

by absinthe52 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:21 am

Anyone have any experience with these gloves? Wondering how they perform compared to the Alti gloves/mitts. Or the Kodiak or Advance warm/dry gloves...Any thoughts?

absinthe52

by absinthe52 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:39 am

currently trying to figure out what I want between BD, OR, or MH gloves...whatever is the warmest

MScholes

by MScholes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 am

I don't have experience with the Firebrand but the BD enforcers are extremely warm, however if you're not doing the ice climbing thing and have no need for the padding, you've got a warm pair of stiffer gloves with lots of bulk you don't need when you might get more from something else.

I must say that I've recently received a set of First Ascent guide gloves and been wearing them around for general purpose, several hikes/snowshoeing and climbs within the past week or so... very very impressed and suprised actually. Very warm (quite comfortable in -30 C weather without liners underneath, they breathe quite well in comparison to the BD enforcers.

If you're looking for pure warmth, the Hestra Heli Glove is apparently a beast (going from what others have said mind you) but this glove does go with many to high altitudes. The company definetly has a good reputation with gloves although I do not own any so cannot personally speak of experiences with them.
http://www.hestragloves.com/#/en/handsk ... _heli_ski/

Return to Gear