Tete Blanche or Aiguille du Tour?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Tom Fralich

by Tom Fralich » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Why not both? You can easily do both in the same day. Start on Tete Blanche and then run up the Aiguille du Tour.

If I had to choose one, I'd go with Aiguille du Tour. Which route did you have in mind?

P. Vis

by P. Vis » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:22 pm

And if you do Tete blanche, take the northface, beautifull short climb, i can recommend it.

gr, Peter

P. Vis

by P. Vis » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:57 pm

If you sleep in Cabane de Triënt and rise early, go to the Teteblanche, (you will pass it anyway on the route to the aiguille du tour) and then there will be plenty of time left to do the Aiguille du tour the same day.

vincentvega

by vincentvega » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Climb the Tete Blanche and the Petit Fourche together. You can easily head up the Tete blanche then over to the petit Fourche, it doesnt take much time from one to the other and the are usualy climbed together by guides with clients via the normal routes.
It will take longer to reach the foot of the Tete Blanche from either the Albert 1er or the Trient hut thani t will to ascend it.

Allan

Return to Europe