possible traverses this weekend?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Cookie Addict

possible traverses this weekend?

by Cookie Addict » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:00 pm

I will be back in SoCal this coming weekend with some time on my hands. I really want to get some distance and elevation under my feet. I thought about doing a Baden-Powell, Burnham, Troop Peak Traverse or maybe an out and back of Cucamonga Peak, topping Big Horn and Ontario Peak along the way. Any thoughts? How is the snow level? Angeles Crest access? Has anyone been on either of these this year?

I have done the Triple-T a bunch and really want to chew some other dirt for a change. If someone else has some other suggestions, I would be glad to take a look.

THANKS!

cab

by cab » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:12 pm

I was also planning a Baden-Powell, Burnham, Throop traverse (with Mt. Lewis too). Maybe I'll see you out there.

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm

If you can get a car shuttle, Manker Flats to Wrightwood would be a lot of fun!

Cookie Addict

by Cookie Addict » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 pm

cab wrote:I was also planning a Baden-Powell, Burnham, Throop traverse (with Mt. Lewis too). Maybe I'll see you out there.

Great. it looks like there will be three of us starting early Saturday morning. hope to see you out there

Matt

Cookie Addict

by Cookie Addict » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Luciano136 wrote:If you can get a car shuttle, Manker Flats to Wrightwood would be a lot of fun!

How it is now after all the fire damage?

Cookie Addict

by Cookie Addict » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:34 am

we ended up doing a trail run to Icehouse Saddle. One of the assembled group had never worn crampons and we decided not to push.

The trip up was nice, passed a couple of boyscout groups still asleep in their tents. saddle windy! and we didn't quite make sunrise, but it was a beautiful morning none the less. The trail out was Crazy crowded with hikers and families.

Return to California