East Fork of the San Gabriel River- Missing/Late

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
tonyo

East Fork of the San Gabriel River- Missing/Late

by tonyo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 am

Has anyone been up the East Fork of the San Gabriel River today? My son started yesterday (an over-nighter) from Vincent Gap to the East Fork ranger station. I expected to hear from him by now (Sunday, 5:00 pm), and my dad-anxiety is kicking in. He's about 5-11, thin build, and has curly red hair. His backpack is dark green and black. He's with a friend. If you've been up there and seen him, I'd sure appreciate a note.
Last edited by tonyo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
testid

by testid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 am

You should also post this over at the San Gabriel Mountains Discussion Forum.

tonyo

by tonyo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 am

testid wrote:You should also post this over at the San Gabriel Mountains Discussion Forum.

Thanks for the link. I just posted it there too. I've never been on this route myself; if anyone has route information about the last (bottom) five miles or so, please share.
My son is 23 and has a lot of experience hiking solo in the so cal mountains. If he has to stay out another night, so be it, but I figure I've got to start hiking up from the bottom tomorrow afternoon if he isn't back by then.

Thank you for any help.

tonyo

by tonyo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:08 am

I just got a call. Everything is fine; they were blocked from going farther and had to turn around and go back to Vincent Gap.

Return to California