discontinued pair of raichle boots

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
etai101

discontinued pair of raichle boots

by etai101 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 pm

This is a little story about gear before i present my question so please bare with me:

So im getting rid of my old pair of "all degrees" thay are torn up from with in and i am looknig for a new pair, maybe somthing new but nothing really strikes me as a proper replacement for good trekking/climbing boot like the all degree.
so i looked at what raichle has to say about that and found the "60 degree" which seems perfect and hella rugged.
as you may or may not know raichle are no more and are making new products for mammut which is not my cup of tea(dont get me into that).
so all there is to be found of raichle are old stocks left over the only pair i found in the u.s is on sierra trading post and this finally brings me to my qustion(to those brave enogh thanks for reading all my babble).

the price is great thay have my size but the pair is marked "for women" the- for women caption is kind of offpotting what dose this mean? (i am a man obvcourse) would thay fit me or are thay disgened defrently than the mens boots?.
i dont know and would love some input.
in genral im one step form getting them i just need to know if this might be a mistake or not.

thank you.

bubbles

by bubbles » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:34 pm

what is your size?

GEM Trail

by GEM Trail » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 pm

doesn't it mean it's women's sizing? a woman's size shoe is about 1 and 1/2 sizes smaller than a man's size.

so a 9 women's is like a 7.5 mens....

also I think women have narrower feet so they might be a little snug in the forefoot and toes.

GEM Trail

by GEM Trail » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:52 pm

i'm with you on the raichles too.

my all-degree lites are a perfect shoe, just about rugged enough for anything in the lower 48.

etai101

by etai101 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 pm

after thinking it through i understood that mountain boots should not be bought for the price but for the fit.
so i found the same pair in london for 60$ more than the asking on "sierra" all round better to have a good fit than a margenly small amount of money saved.
thanks for the advice all.

Return to Gear