Catskills Hike

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Wendellator

Catskills Hike

by Wendellator » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Hey all i am looking for a good loop trail or point to point with transportation( we will only have 1 truck with us)away from the masses for the end of July,We have 4 day's so i am looking for 30 or so miles.Something that presents somewhat of a challenge .I am waiting to have maps from DEC mailed to me but i figured i would have better luck here. I have never been to the Catskills.I would like to try and wet a line(fish) :shock: while hiking but that is not the main purpose.
Thanks
Wen

Catskillhiker

by Catskillhiker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:19 pm

You up for some bushwhacking? i would say from the slide mountian PA follow the denning trail in the direction of table mountain, then bushwhack (herd trail) up the neversink valley (fishing their). theirs 4 trail less peaks (lone, rockey, balsam cap, friday), then bushwhack up to the slide/ Cornell col (theirs said to be a herd trail), camp their, bag Cornell and whittenberg, then exit over slide back to the parking area, a 15-25 mile trip with fishing possibility.

theirs plenty of extending backpacks besides this idea, most need 2 veicals as 20 miles on the trail= 70 miles on the road in the cats

Devils path, escarpment wall(need a spot car), Delaware ridge trails, balsam lake mountain- mill broke ridge via alder lake is possible, not sure as a loop, but their could be fishing

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)