Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Hiking/Climbing/Bouldering near Westward Look in Tucson

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Hiking/Climbing/Bouldering near Westward Look in Tucson

Postby JHH60 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Apologies for a last minute lazy query; I'm sure if I had bought a guidebook and done more research I'd have all the info I need. I'm flying to Tucson this afternoon for a college roomates' 50th birthday party. My other ex-roomates and I will be staying at the Westward Look Resort in Tucson, which I gather is north of town on the southwest side of the Santa Catalina Mtns.. I just realized that two of my roomates will probably want to go golfing tomorrow, which I'll happily do if there is no other option aside from watching televison or sitting by the pool, reading a book, and getting an early start on the evening's drinking, but I'd much rather go hiking, climbing, or bouldering somewhere, and it looks from the map and the resort's website that there should be good stuff nearby. Is there anything good within reasonable walking (preferred) or short driving distance?
JHH60

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)