Kit Carson (with OB Couloir Descent)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
iceisnice

Kit Carson (with OB Couloir Descent)

by iceisnice » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Looking for anyone interested in climbing Kit Carson the weekend of the 24th/25th. I have a race at A-basin on the 24th and was planning on skiing in to Lower Willow Lake (or Upper if there is time) on the afternoon of the 24th and setting up a high camp. The main goal is to ski the OB Couloir and am open to ascent routes (OB or North Ridge).

Also, if anyone has been up there recently and has any info on snow cover/conditions I would like to hear from ya.

Koy

by Koy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:55 pm

PM sent. We should have our plans firmed up by the middle of next week.

helmut

any update

by helmut » Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Any update on the conditions back there? I was considering heading up this weekend, or next, or maybe the next one after that.

no avatar
Dan Shorb

Re: Kit Carson (with OB Couloir Descent)

by Dan Shorb » Fri May 07, 2010 12:44 am

iceisnice wrote:Looking for anyone interested in climbing Kit Carson the weekend of the 24th/25th. I have a race at A-basin on the 24th and was planning on skiing in to Lower Willow Lake (or Upper if there is time) on the afternoon of the 24th and setting up a high camp. The main goal is to ski the OB Couloir and am open to ascent routes (OB or North Ridge).

Also, if anyone has been up there recently and has any info on snow cover/conditions I would like to hear from ya.

pics? I'm heading into that area in early june...

no avatar
Dan Shorb

Re: Kit Carson (with OB Couloir Descent)

by Dan Shorb » Sat May 08, 2010 7:20 am

d_shorb wrote:
iceisnice wrote:Looking for anyone interested in climbing Kit Carson the weekend of the 24th/25th. I have a race at A-basin on the 24th and was planning on skiing in to Lower Willow Lake (or Upper if there is time) on the afternoon of the 24th and setting up a high camp. The main goal is to ski the OB Couloir and am open to ascent routes (OB or North Ridge).

pics? I'm heading into that area in early june...

Anybody skied this shot in june?

iceisnice

by iceisnice » Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm

I ended up skiing it a few weeks after the original date due to snow storms. As of the first week of May there was plenty of cover but it was getting icy. Top of the couloir was getting very dicy then, I can't imagine what it is now, or what it will be in June. Definitely not skiable (at least by my abilities) but will be a good snow/ice climb through much of june. Didn't get any pics.

Return to Colorado