Easy peak in the catskills or southern aderondacks

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Catskillhiker

Easy peak in the catskills or southern aderondacks

by Catskillhiker » Sat May 29, 2010 5:57 am

i am taking a friend to his first climb, he has a pronounced lip, and has a lower leg brace

distance is not so mush the issue as steepness is

i have already done balsam lake mountain, Windham high peak, slide mountain, hunter mountain and red hill

i also prefer not to do tremper or overlook becuse i want to do them with my sister for the fire tower challenge

i dont mind doing hunter again, but prefer to hit a new peak, any ideas? (most anything is easy for me, so my measurement of easy isnt that good)

and another thing, does anyone have gps tracklog for northdome/ mt sharille, and or halcott mountain, (not taking him up them but need the cords to bush-wake it)

thanks

Bark Eater

by Bark Eater » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Assume that's "pronounced limp". Suggest a tour east to west through the central Adirondacks: All short, easy access, none steep, all have nice views, and all have pages on SP: Chimney Mountain, Sawyer Mountain, Blue Mountain, Rocky Mountain.

Catskillhiker

by Catskillhiker » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 pm

yes limp, my key board dont work right on my laptop

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)