Why does the "parent" of a page not show up someti

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Snidely Whiplash

Why does the "parent" of a page not show up someti

by Snidely Whiplash » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug? I listed the Alpine Lakes Wilderness as a parent to many of my Mountains and Rocks. But in some cases, when I view my list of Mountains and Rocks, the parent doesn't show up next to some mountains (like most recently, West Granite Mountain), while in other cases, it does. Yet when I bring up the West Granite Mountain page, it shows it to be a child of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. Any thoughts?

Snidely Whiplash

by Snidely Whiplash » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:18 pm

squishy wrote:Try attaching the secondary pages as children and not assigning them a parent. The parent page should be done 1st, then attach the children to it...I have never had a problem doing it this way...

I think that's the way I've always done it.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Re: Why does the "parent" of a page not show up so

by Bob Burd » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:05 pm

etsnyd wrote:Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug? I listed the Alpine Lakes Wilderness as a parent to many of my Mountains and Rocks. But in some cases, when I view my list of Mountains and Rocks, the parent doesn't show up next to some mountains (like most recently, West Granite Mountain), while in other cases, it does. Yet when I bring up the West Granite Mountain page, it shows it to be a child of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. Any thoughts?

If you are referring to the list of Mountains and Rocks on your profile page, it is a bug. I noticed this on several of mine going back for years, but never discovered a way to make these show up properly.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:35 pm

BorutKantuser wrote:I once got rid of that type of bug by detaching a "related" attachment along the line.

I noticed that your West Granite Mountain page is attached as related to the Granite Mountain (Snoqualmie) page.
You might try detaching it, and see if it changes anything regarding the appearances on the profile page (once you attach the other ones again as children or parents).

Nice find. It just worked to clear up the ones I saw on my own profile page.

Snidely Whiplash

by Snidely Whiplash » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 pm

BorutKantuser wrote:I once got rid of that type of bug by detaching a "related" attachment along the line.

I noticed that your West Granite Mountain page is attached as related to the Granite Mountain (Snoqualmie) page.
You might try detaching it, and see if it changes anything regarding the appearances on the profile page (once you attach the other ones again as children or parents).

Exactly like Bob just said. Nice job. I did what you suggested, and it now lists West Granite as a child of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. Thanks.

Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator

by Gangolf Haub » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 pm

BorutKantuser wrote:We have the same situation with the following page: http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... njava.html

By mistake the "Kocbekov Dom" hut page is attached as "related" to the Planjava mountain page.
If someone would detach that relationship it would be of great help.

Thanks

BK

Done

Return to Site Feedback