Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Defining News - 9-year old 'Conquers' Mt Whitney!

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.

Postby mrchad9 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 am

dskoon wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:
MikeTX wrote: i miss california.

If that hike makes you miss CA then you are going to truely flip out once you do something else here.

:lol: :lol: Sooooooo true!

True for Oregon too!
mrchad9

Postby mrchad9 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:52 am

Vitaliy M wrote:
Hotoven wrote:
Dingus Milktoast wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:I know, I need to fill my climbing log, some on other threads have indeed suggested that until I have a more impressive resume (not just walk-ups) that I can't comment here. :shock: :? :shock: :? Slowly getting there.

Nah. Your climbing log is irrelevant. But the experience behind the accomplishments will out, whether you list em or not.
There are really only a few people on this whole site who get upset when someone observes their near complete lack of experience. Chuckles.
DMT

True. I say don't worry about your climbing log. But whatever you do, make sure your having fun and enjoy it! I stopped adding stuff to my climbing log because I started enjoying the satisfied feeling of completing a task. Only a few people care about the logs, and the ones who do...well, PNP is gone so I cant fully express myself about them. 8)

Yes! Does it ever appear to some of you that some do it to show up rather than to have fun? Always bring up how better they did than someone etc..I don't care about saying much about them though since it is their business, but I LOVE to get out and have my own adventure when work/time permits!
Troy, all that matters is that you like to get out and enjoy yourself. You don't have to climb a 5.10 for someone, as long as you can get out and have your own fun, climbing things that you are comfortable climbing for pleasure, this is what life is. I don't have to do 360s on my snowboard to fit in w/ some friends that could, as long as I pull my 180s and not "eat shit" once in a while, do my best to improve, and have fun I am happy : )
The only way I will judge someone's experience is if I am getting an advice on a particular place or route. Of course I will value someone's advice more if they done it 10 times vs someone who did it 0.

If you snowboard rather than ski, well Vitaliy M, you just aren't as cool as me.
8)
mrchad9

Postby Marmaduke » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:01 am

mrchad9 wrote:
Vitaliy M wrote:
Hotoven wrote:
Dingus Milktoast wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:I know, I need to fill my climbing log, some on other threads have indeed suggested that until I have a more impressive resume (not just walk-ups) that I can't comment here. :shock: :? :shock: :? Slowly getting there.

Nah. Your climbing log is irrelevant. But the experience behind the accomplishments will out, whether you list em or not.
There are really only a few people on this whole site who get upset when someone observes their near complete lack of experience. Chuckles.
DMT

True. I say don't worry about your climbing log. But whatever you do, make sure your having fun and enjoy it! I stopped adding stuff to my climbing log because I started enjoying the satisfied feeling of completing a task. Only a few people care about the logs, and the ones who do...well, PNP is gone so I cant fully express myself about them. 8)

Yes! Does it ever appear to some of you that some do it to show up rather than to have fun? Always bring up how better they did than someone etc..I don't care about saying much about them though since it is their business, but I LOVE to get out and have my own adventure when work/time permits!
Troy, all that matters is that you like to get out and enjoy yourself. You don't have to climb a 5.10 for someone, as long as you can get out and have your own fun, climbing things that you are comfortable climbing for pleasure, this is what life is. I don't have to do 360s on my snowboard to fit in w/ some friends that could, as long as I pull my 180s and not "eat shit" once in a while, do my best to improve, and have fun I am happy : )
The only way I will judge someone's experience is if I am getting an advice on a particular place or route. Of course I will value someone's advice more if they done it 10 times vs someone who did it 0.

If you snowboard rather than ski, well Vitaliy M, you just aren't as cool as me.
8)

Ok, I won't worry about the resume (like I cared anyways), but I can ski. pretty darn well. Well a few years ago I could.
Marmaduke

Postby Marmaduke » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:26 am

Hotoven wrote:
Dingus Milktoast wrote:

DMT

Thanks, appreciated!
Marmaduke

Previous

Return to News