Imgineering and Positive Mindsetting

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.
no avatar
The Chief

Imgineering and Positive Mindsetting

by The Chief » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Both Dale Goddard and Arno Illgner dwell on this incredibly powerful practice in both of their books...
ImageImage

And lately this incredible dude has indeed reminded me, reproved and remotivated me over and over how this tool really works beyond our wildest dreams if we only apply it 100% to our lives...
Watch this Triple Speed Record Setting Video and this latest Ginat Speed Record Video.

Thoughts and share your experiences....

CClaude

by CClaude » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 pm

For me, the two books listed above were really good, but I find that climbing with friends who are better then I am has always opened my eyes to the possibility. If you don't believe that you can, and should you never will.

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:03 am

When you can utilise the power of the mind, you can do the most amazing things. I've twice experienced being in the zone. Total autopilot. I was also born with an ability that took me a long time to understand. What it gives me is an ability to "read" with my hands. I once held a Samurai sword and "felt" the original "owner". Turned out that I described him quite well. The other thing I feel is "goodness" or "bad". I can also get the vibes from other people without direct contact. The encounters may be amazingly pleasant, which I believe is sensing the person's nature. When someone else has handled my gear, I sense it.

When, at times, I've been unwell, the ability declines, and visa versa. I believe it's called psychrometry. Altogether, quite an experience:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometry_(paranormal)

mjrgardens

by mjrgardens » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Well Ray, i too can pick up the subtle textures of the Universe. On this occasion, i'm picking up horse shit! One of the US uni bods offers a $1.000.000 prize for just such a skill. Yet unclaimed.

There's no doubt that mind over matter plays a part. Read Jerry Moffat's biog, with regard help from John Bachar. However, i think this visualising practice is more to do with one's own 'fears', rather than pseudo spiritual cod science.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 am

I can see Russia from my house.

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 pm

mjrgardens wrote:Well Ray, i too can pick up the subtle textures of the Universe. On this occasion, i'm picking up horse shit! One of the US uni bods offers a $1.000.000 prize for just such a skill. Yet unclaimed.

There's no doubt that mind over matter plays a part. Read Jerry Moffat's biog, with regard help from John Bachar. However, i think this visualising practice is more to do with one's own 'fears', rather than pseudo spiritual cod science.

People aren't likely to pick up anything that utilises ones extended senses, obviously because of cynicism, which serves only as a block, even if a person had any higher senses in the first place. It's like you are seeing in black and white and never know colour. I have no following of anything pseudo spiritual. But I enjoy my extended sense, which enables me to suss good or bad intentions as soon as anyone walks in the room. When there is real bad around, the effect ramps up like opposite poles of an electromagnet and I have to move away. It's served to keep me safe many times. Sorry that you can't sense it in order to believe. But take it as a fact that some people have it.

Has no-one ever picked up a rental car and sensed the mix of bad vibes, ever shook hands and felt the "creeps", ever made love with someone who is not in sync, as against someone who is. If anyone has used my car without my knowledge, I'll know before they admit. Piece of Pie. Keep and open mind, and tune in. It'll come.

It's a whole different world of experience - in the twilight zone 8)

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Nope. But I once ate a huge burrito, and had this eerie feeling that I might get indigestion -- and sure enough, I did.

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:27 am

Getting some vibes over the Web here - someone has a touch of ECD (Excessive Compulsive Disorder) :shock:

The manifestation first appears when the affected person once again touches the door handle, which they just let go of. At first, apparently benign, this leads to the need to go back and check that it's properly shut. Soon, doubt sets in and the incumbent finds the need to touch the object with more regularity or precision - in order to be sure to set aside the doubt. :?

In the latter stages, the process requires the object to be touched only in even numbers. Thus, it's no good to touch 1, 3..., 9, 13 times. But evens may suffice. However, when the numbers reach the 16s, it becomes noticeable and the person fears being noticed.

Fear not. The cure lies in first substituting a touch of 16 as 4 lots of 4, wherein a 4 is counted as a 1. Thus 4 touches of 1 will finally equate to 1, yet leaving the sufferer contented.

A worse form that I have observed is, micro-manipulation of objects. Say, the beer glass. So he puts it down. At time of "infection" the put down requires a slight adjustment. Then, at the next sip, the position has to be re-attained. The afflicted enters a spiral of resetting the position in ever decreasing increments, until a sweat appears on the brow. In severe cases, the afflicted may stay up for hours setting the intended position of the glass.

Mind you don't shuffle the glass. And leave that door handle well alone :D

RayMondo

by RayMondo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:14 am

For info: ECD, disorders, mostly result from fear. Facing fear and acting on it is the best way to overcome it. As climbers, many of us realise it.

drjohnso1182

by drjohnso1182 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 am

RayMondo wrote:
mjrgardens wrote:Well Ray, i too can pick up the subtle textures of the Universe. On this occasion, i'm picking up horse shit! One of the US uni bods offers a $1.000.000 prize for just such a skill. Yet unclaimed.

People aren't likely to pick up anything that utilises ones extended senses, obviously because of cynicism, which serves only as a block, even if a person had any higher senses in the first place. It's like you are seeing in black and white and never know colour. I have no following of anything pseudo spiritual. But I enjoy my extended sense, which enables me to suss good or bad intentions as soon as anyone walks in the room. When there is real bad around, the effect ramps up like opposite poles of an electromagnet and I have to move away. It's served to keep me safe many times. Sorry that you can't sense it in order to believe. But take it as a fact that some people have it.

Has no-one ever picked up a rental car and sensed the mix of bad vibes, ever shook hands and felt the "creeps", ever made love with someone who is not in sync, as against someone who is. If anyone has used my car without my knowledge, I'll know before they admit. Piece of Pie. Keep and open mind, and tune in. It'll come.

It's a whole different world of experience - in the twilight zone 8)

Extra-sensory perception, psychic powers, whatever, you have to prove it because I'm not buying it. However, I'll grant that you could be extremely observant and able to quickly deduce more general conclusions from those observations, in a "You have been in Afghanistan, I perceive" sort of way. No extra senses needed.

Return to Technique and Training