New member saying hello to SP!

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:07 pm

mrchad9 wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:Booted already? No I haven't met him but have sent and received many "pm's" and emails from him. He's been helpful and seems like an ok SPer to me. He's offered a few times to go along on climbs but the timing for me was wrong. Same old story with me.

What do you mean 'booted already?'? Did you not read the posts? It was 3-4 days, I'm surprised it took that long.

I saw like his 2nd or 3rd post and it was fine. I must have missed the rest. Although
I'm sure there are many SPers that have seen some of my post and would love to see me booted

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:54 am

Neophiteat48 wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:Booted already? No I haven't met him but have sent and received many "pm's" and emails from him. He's been helpful and seems like an ok SPer to me. He's offered a few times to go along on climbs but the timing for me was wrong. Same old story with me.

What do you mean 'booted already?'? Did you not read the posts? It was 3-4 days, I'm surprised it took that long.

I saw like his 2nd or 3rd post and it was fine. I must have missed the rest. Although
I'm sure there are many SPers that have seen some of my post and would love to see me booted

Only boot you for posting, as your climbing resume is not big enough yet to warrant 400 posts.

:D

ampman1961

by ampman1961 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 am

mrchad9 wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

Only boot you for posting, as your climbing resume is not big enough yet to warrant 400 posts.

Neither is mine, but I'm working on it.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:47 am

Florida Frank wrote:I dreamed of being a climber but backpacking became my obsession until I discovered rock and roll and Women. :lol:
I am looking forward to learning from this site, which I have already done a little, like avoiding the squishy's of the world.

Thanks for posting the photo of "you" behind the guitar.

It would be nice if you could post photos of "rock 'n roll Women" every so often to SPICE things up!

Good luck on avoiding the "squishy's" of this world! I try my best to ignore them, but they still
tend to get beneath my skin when I least expect them to. It helps to have TOUGH SKIN.

Keep on keeping on, Billy ...

8)

Geez.. your photo looks extremely familiar. Did you guys play in ARIZONA ???

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:23 am

ampman1961 wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

Neither is mine, but I'm working on it.

Ignore Chad!! If I were kidless, wifeless and could afford to climb every weekend I would....................................................But I wouldn't trade it all in either. The peak
list will continue to grow, slowly I guess for now.

ampman1961

by ampman1961 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:29 am

lcarreau wrote:
Florida Frank wrote:I dreamed of being a climber but backpacking became my obsession until I discovered rock and roll and Women. :lol:
I am looking forward to learning from this site, which I have already done a little, like avoiding the squishy's of the world.

It would be nice if you could post photos of "rock 'n roll Women" every so often to SPICE things up!

Good luck on avoiding the "squishy's" of this world! I try my best to ignore them, but they still
tend to get beneath my skin when I least expect them to. It helps to have TOUGH SKIN.

8)

We played Flagstaff once. It was the only gig in AZ during my 2.5 years in the group.
My skin is thick by the way and I am perusing all of the various pages relating to SoCal
areas to get my feet and legs in shape. There are several great and interesting hike/scrambles that look to be a blast. I recently spent some time out in Joshua Tree bouldering about, at the spot where Graham Parsons was torched. Rumour has it that Keith Richards and Graham drug a barbers chair up to the top of that rock! As far as could see, there was no trace of it.
I love playing gigs at Pappy & Harriets in Pioneer Town, because the next day we have breakfast in Yucca Valley and spend the rest of the day climbing rocks.
That place is awesome. Once I get my body back into reasonable shape, I plan to take some lessons and go from there. Even small scale climbs will be awesome for me.
As far as the "Rock Women", Oh hell yes! I can do that, with their permission of course.
Maybe someone could chime in and tell me how to post pictures on these threads. Is it cut and paste, or off site hosting like Photobucket etc?
Thanks for the kind welcome people.

BTW:
I need some advice on getting started. Shoes/boots for hiking and scrambling. Basic equipment that would get me started for under a grand, and where I might find affordable training for a novice here in West LA. I could look around, but recommendations are usually better. I appreciate your comments in advance.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:58 am

ampman1961 wrote:
lcarreau wrote:

8)

We played Flagstaff once. It was the only gig in AZ during my 2.5 years in the group.
My skin is thick by the way and I am perusing all of the various pages relating to SoCal
areas to get my feet and legs in shape. There are several great and interesting hike/scrambles that look to be a blast. I recently spent some time out in Joshua Tree bouldering about, at the spot where Graham Parsons was torched. Rumour has it that Keith Richards and Graham drug a barbers chair up to the top of that rock! As far as could see, there was no trace of it.
I love playing gigs at Pappy & Harriets in Pioneer Town, because the next day we have breakfast in Yucca Valley and spend the rest of the day climbing rocks.
That place is awesome. Once I get my body back into reasonable shape, I plan to take some lessons and go from there. Even small scale climbs will be awesome for me.
As far as the "Rock Women", Oh hell yes! I can do that, with their permission of course.
Maybe someone could chime in and tell me how to post pictures on these threads. Is it cut and paste, or off site hosting like Photobucket etc?

BTW:
I need some advice on getting started. Shoes/boots for hiking and scrambling. Basic equipment that would get me started for under a grand, and where I might find affordable training for a novice here in West LA. I could look around, but recommendations are usually better. I appreciate your comments in advance.

Hey there, Billy.. This is how you post photos to these threads.

I will NOW post a photo. Please CLICK on the box that says "quote" to the upper right.

You will see what I did, as far as the coding goes.. best of luck, and I'll let you do your thing.

(You might have to experiment a bit, but there's nothin' wrong with that.)

TheOrglingLlama

by TheOrglingLlama » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:18 am

Welcome to SP !

It should be pointed out that to remain in good standing here you must post a minimum number of llama pictures on the forums. Alpacas, guanacos and other camelids will also do. Please refer to the FAQ for details.

:mrgreen:

ampman1961

by ampman1961 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:28 am

lcarreau wrote:
ampman1961 wrote:
lcarreau wrote:

8)

BTW:

Hey there, Billy.. This is how you post photos to these threads.

I will NOW post a photo. Please CLICK on the box that says "quote" to the upper right.

You will see what I did, as far as the coding goes.. best of luck, and I'll let you do your thing.

(You might have to experiment a bit, but there's nothin' wrong with that.)

Okay, I'll see what I can do with this.

Previous

Return to General