Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Report Bugs Here

Postby Bob Sihler » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Please use this thread to report bugs and other issues that have appeared since the upgrade. It is easier to keep track of things when there is just one thread.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Bob Sihler » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:03 pm

gabriele wrote:1 - when I enter I choose Log me out when I close my browser. - but when I leave in my user_page appears the on line
2 - the messages coming from The Management can't be deleted

Lolli wrote:#2
it also keeps on saying Inbox:1, even if I've read it already.

Matt knows about the Inbox issue.

As far as the two global PM's that you can't delete-- sometime after the database purge, they will be removed. In the meantime, we want to reduce the opportunities for people to say they weren't informed.

The log-in and log-out issue: I noticed something like that myself yesterday. We'll see if these things persist.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

Postby Saintgrizzly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Saturday morning. The "Edit Page" button works, but what does not is the "Submit Changes" button-- it doesn't even time out, but just keeps reporting that it is "loading." As an experiment, the following page (which I've been trying to upgrade, and had no problems with such efforts last evening)

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... ntain.html

ran the "loading" wheel for over 20 minutes! No error message; no time out--just "loading"--before I gave up and clicked on the "stop loading this page" button.

I've checked other pages, and the "Submit CHanges" button simply doesn't work (or rather, the button works, but not the "loading" part).

Help! And thank you....

Vernon
Saintgrizzly

Postby Montana Matt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Saintgrizzly wrote:Saturday morning. The "Edit Page" button works, but what does not is the "Submit Changes" button-- it doesn't even time out, but just keeps reporting that it is "loading." As an experiment, the following page (which I've been trying to upgrade, and had no problems with such efforts last evening)

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... ntain.html

ran the "loading" wheel for over 20 minutes! No error message; no time out--just "loading"--before I gave up and clicked on the "stop loading this page" button.

I've checked other pages, and the "Submit CHanges" button simply doesn't work (or rather, the button works, but not the "loading" part).

Help! And thank you....

Vernon

I actually just made some changes to the database to help prevent some scripts that I'm running from dying. I knew that they'd affect the way the server is running, but I really need to get these scripts to complete. I might have to remove the changes though because I've noticed the effects that you're writing about Vernon and I anticipated that they'd happen.

Unfortunately the scripts will take at least a few days to complete, so leaving the changes in place until completion is probably not an option.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby ajberry » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Saturday 25th. Like Vernon, I find that I can edit a page locally, but that uploading -- well, any editorial communication (eg delete page) *to* the server -- isn't working at the moment. Browser tries continually to complete operation -- it doesn't time out -- but hasn't succeeded after 30 mins of waiting.

Possible of course that the problem is at my end (though I've tried three different browsers).

Thanks, Andrew
ajberry

Postby Montana Matt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm

ajberry wrote:Saturday 25th. Like Vernon, I find that I can edit a page locally, but that uploading -- well, any editorial communication (eg delete page) *to* the server -- isn't working at the moment. Browser tries continually to complete operation -- it doesn't time out -- but hasn't succeeded after 30 mins of waiting.

Thanks for reporting your experience too ajberry. Yes, I've noticed this problem as well.

I just looked into it and it appears that pages are editable right now, though I'm not sure how long it will last. My guess is that the scripts I'm running currently on the machine are causing the intermittent problems. Hopefully the scripts will be done sometime early next week, though that may be a bit optimistic.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Lolli » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:12 pm

I cannot open Nanul's Pembroke/Penfro page. http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/565610/Pembroke-Penfro.html
A lot of computer gibberish comes up instead.

Is that the script thing too?
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!
Lolli

Postby Bob Sihler » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
ajberry wrote:Saturday 25th. Like Vernon, I find that I can edit a page locally, but that uploading -- well, any editorial communication (eg delete page) *to* the server -- isn't working at the moment. Browser tries continually to complete operation -- it doesn't time out -- but hasn't succeeded after 30 mins of waiting.

Thanks for reporting your experience too ajberry. Yes, I've noticed this problem as well.

I just looked into it and it appears that pages are editable right now, though I'm not sure how long it will last. My guess is that the scripts I'm running currently on the machine are causing the intermittent problems. Hopefully the scripts will be done sometime early next week, though that may be a bit optimistic.

Matt, would it be easier if we just asked people not to submit or edit pages for a few days while the scripts run? If that makes less work for you, I think that's reasonable to ask. We could do another global PM and also post a thread with a sticky.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

Postby hansw » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:27 pm

How come a Trip Report can be done by no one?

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/6 ... image.html
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman
hansw

Postby Lolli » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm

If you make your name a lot of space blanks when you register, you'd get that effect :wink:
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!
Lolli

Postby Kiefer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm

I've been trying to post some images and edit text but as others have said, it runs indefinately without uploading said content.
I'll just come back in a day or so and try again.
Kiefer

Postby hansw » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:43 pm

Lolli wrote:If you make your name a lot of space blanks when you register, you'd get that effect :wink:

And you fill in the number of hits with space blanks as well, I guess. :wink:
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman
hansw

Postby hansw » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:57 pm

If you click on hansw or Quote to the left (or right) the result is not what you expect it to be.
- Richard Feynman
hansw

The following user would like to thank hansw for this post
Lolli

Postby Saintgrizzly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Hey Matt,

"Submit Changes" button now seems to be working. It seems to be a bit slow, but nothing I can't live with. THANKS!

--Vernon
Saintgrizzly

Postby Kiefer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:09 pm

hansw wrote:If you click on hansw or Quote to the left (or right) the result is not what you expect it to be.

:lol: Yep. That wasn't what I expected it to be!
At least it doesn't take you to some Ukrainian girl wanting to profess her love to you & how interesting your profile seems to be!
Kiefer

Next

Return to Site Feedback