Getting that feeling that I need to get out and climb again also don't know if I can stand another weekend of watching the embarrassments that are the Cowboys and Aggies. I am considering the Alamitos to Santa Barbara Ridge to Truchas route 35ish miles and 2 nights. I see in the forecasts that winter is starting to build in up high so I do not want to wait too long.
I am in eastern Texas so a trip out there is a decent commitment (750 miles). My only constraint on when I can be gone are exams. This will likely be a solo trip and I am still pretty fresh at climbing/hiking.