Mt Egmont/Taranaki Re-write

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Oceania and the Pacific Islands. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Oceania Climbing Partners section.
vancouver islander

Mt Egmont/Taranaki Re-write

by vancouver islander » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:30 am

The Taranaki/Egmont page has not been updated for over 5 years, so I recently took it over and have done a complete re-write.

See http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... anaki.html

I would appreciate any comment and (constructive) critism.

I'll be working on the attached route pages a little later. For now they're as originally written.

Rick B

Re: Mt Egmont/Taranaki Re-write

by Rick B » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:49 am

Nice work! Useful maps as well.

I only found a typo, somewhere near the beginning, it's misspelled 'Taranki'.

A cool picture to add would perhaps be the satellite view in google earth, it's a perfectly circular forest and looks really cool.

vancouver islander

by vancouver islander » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 am

vancouver islander wrote:The Taranaki/Egmont page has not been updated for over 5 years, so I recently took it over and have done a complete re-write.

I'll be working on the attached route pages a little later. For now they're as originally written.

For those interested, I've now rewritten and posted the north route from the North Egmont Visitor Centre. I'll be re-doing the south route soon.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 am

Excellent job!
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

vancouver islander

by vancouver islander » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 am

vancouver islander wrote:
vancouver islander wrote:The Taranaki/Egmont page has not been updated for over 5 years, so I recently took it over and have done a complete re-write.

For those interested, I've now rewritten and posted the north route from the North Egmont Visitor Centre. I'll be re-doing the south route soon.

South Route now rewritten. Note that I have edited this page for grammar, spelling and have added clearer approach details and some photographs and have re-positioned others for clarity. The route details are still essentially "kieren's" - who is still the page owner (though inactive) - until I have done this route myself. I think, however, that the page is now in reasonable shape and worth voting on.

Return to Oceania and Pacific Islands