Suggested Mountains/Routes & People who climb the same stuff

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Bark Eater

Re: Suggested Mountains/Routes & People who climb the same s

by Bark Eater » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Matt, thanks for continuing to innovate on this site. This is an awesome use of technology!

rhyang

by rhyang » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Interesting new features :) Nice work Matt !

I've been tinkering with Suggested Mountains / Routes over the last couple of days, and have noted the following :

1. It suggested a route page I had authored, but had not yet signed the climber's log for, so I went back and signed it.

2. It suggested several area/range objects which had children that I'd already signed climber's logs in -- some examples would be Yosemite National Park, the Palisades and the Santa Lucia Mountains.

3. I was surprised to see that it even suggested Logistical Centers, eg. Eastern Sierra. But similarly, should that happen if I've signed a summit log for a child of the logistical center ? In this case, Eastern Sierra is a parent of Mammoth Lakes Basin (area / range), which is a parent of Crystal Crag, whose summit log I already signed.

No big deal, and I suppose it could be argued either way -- even if someone has climbed X mountain in Y range, they may want to know about the other stuff in Y range.

I was not surprised to see that People Who Climb the Same Things as you recommended many of the SP'ers I've met and/or climbed with :mrgreen:

Hope this helps !
Taaaake !

Craig Peer

by Craig Peer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:19 pm

That's the coolest new feature at SP in years !!!

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:40 pm

HandjamMasterC wrote:It suggests I climb with this charactor - http://www.summitpost.org/users/craig-peer/5092 :lol:

Having known and climbed with both of you I strongly recommend that you do not climb together: you will hate each other.

The following user would like to thank Dave K for this post
JasonH

Craig Peer

by Craig Peer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:38 am

Montana Matt wrote:
mrh wrote:Interesting feature. I'm curious how the scores are calculated because I need to manipulate things so more hot climbing chicks show up on my list.

That's relatively easy to do if you want to do a bit of stalking. Look at what climber's logs the hot climbing chicks have signed and sign those and delete all of the rest of your climber's log entries.

Doubt that will work since the person at the top of my list has no summits in common with me.

rhyang

by rhyang » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Now this is cool -- it suggested I try the Fish Tacos .. I guess I'll have to sign that summit register too ! :lol:
Taaaake !

Previous

Return to Site Feedback