Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Can't post in the forums?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
 

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Buz Groshong » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:34 pm

mrchad9 wrote:FYI- Matt, I cannot recreate the issue above.

Buz, is it possible it is your computer? Perhaps you could try to recreate the issue on another machine?


Could be the computer here at work; I'll have to try it at home and see if it does the same thing. Also I suppose it could be the system here at work; we've been having some internet problems. Interestingly, I couldn't see Nartreb's question mark problem before Matt fixed it.
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 674 times in 474 posts

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:06 am

Buz Groshong wrote:Go to is-it-ok-to-create-pages-about-peaks-you-haven-t-climbed-t55621-135.html page 10, Bob's post at the bottom of the page. Click on "quote" and put the cursor in after the quoted text. Hit "Enter" and then start typing. When I do this the the view in the box that you type in jumps up a bit and I can no longer see what I'm typing without scrolling down in between typed characters. Fortunately I can type without seeing what I'm typing, but try selecting the last sentence of the quote in order to underline it. That should show you what I'm talking about - maybe it's just a scurvy trick on Bob's part to keep people from arguing with him! :wink:

mrchad9 wrote:FYI- Matt, I cannot recreate the issue above.

Buz, is it possible it is your computer? Perhaps you could try to recreate the issue on another machine?

I'm not able to recreate the issue either Buz. I think there might be something going on with your computer. What browser are you using?
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Buz Groshong » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:29 am

Montana Matt wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:Go to is-it-ok-to-create-pages-about-peaks-you-haven-t-climbed-t55621-135.html page 10, Bob's post at the bottom of the page. Click on "quote" and put the cursor in after the quoted text. Hit "Enter" and then start typing. When I do this the the view in the box that you type in jumps up a bit and I can no longer see what I'm typing without scrolling down in between typed characters. Fortunately I can type without seeing what I'm typing, but try selecting the last sentence of the quote in order to underline it. That should show you what I'm talking about - maybe it's just a scurvy trick on Bob's part to keep people from arguing with him! :wink:

mrchad9 wrote:FYI- Matt, I cannot recreate the issue above.

Buz, is it possible it is your computer? Perhaps you could try to recreate the issue on another machine?

I'm not able to recreate the issue either Buz. I think there might be something going on with your computer. What browser are you using?


Problem happens at home also. Using Internet Explorer 7 at home; using some version of Internet Explorer at work.
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 674 times in 474 posts

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:19 am

Buz Groshong wrote:Problem happens at home also. Using Internet Explorer 7 at home; using some version of Internet Explorer at work.

OK, I see the problem when using IE. I haven't looked into what's causing it yet.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Buz Groshong » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Nothing new?
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 674 times in 474 posts

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Montana Matt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:Nothing new?

You mean with the typing problem in IE? No, I've not had time to figure out what's causing that. It's pretty far down on my priority list at this point.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Clark_Griswold » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:54 am

I had this trouble today, but it occurred right after logging in. I wasn't sure what happened, but it appears to have resolved.
...
User Avatar
Clark_Griswold

 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:51 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 303 times in 232 posts

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby jesu, joy of man's desiring » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:15 pm

blazin wrote:
Montana Matt wrote:
blazin wrote:The problem is that this keeps happening to me if I've been logged in for more than 5 minutes. So, if it takes me too long to write a post, by the time I "hit" submit, I'm already sent to my user page. Annoying, but not insurmountable. Is a fix coming?

I've not yet experienced this and I've not heard anyone else mention it either, so I don't have any plans for a fix.

Have you cleared all of your cookies completely and then logged back in?


Switching from "log me out when I close my browser" to "keep me logged in" seems to have taken care of this for me. Thanks.


"Keep me logged in" seems to speed things up and stop sending you back to your profile page...

TRY IT...it's better than putting your fist thru the computer screen...after you've been sent back to your profile page for the 10th time.

---
User Avatar
jesu, joy of man's desiring

 
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:54 pm
Thanked: 441 times in 328 posts

Previous

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.