Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Can't post in the forums?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Can't post in the forums?

Postby Buz Groshong » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:34 pm

mrchad9 wrote:FYI- Matt, I cannot recreate the issue above.

Buz, is it possible it is your computer? Perhaps you could try to recreate the issue on another machine?

Could be the computer here at work; I'll have to try it at home and see if it does the same thing. Also I suppose it could be the system here at work; we've been having some internet problems. Interestingly, I couldn't see Nartreb's question mark problem before Matt fixed it.
Buz Groshong

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:06 am

Buz Groshong wrote:Go to is-it-ok-to-create-pages-about-peaks-you-haven-t-climbed-t55621-135.html page 10, Bob's post at the bottom of the page. Click on "quote" and put the cursor in after the quoted text. Hit "Enter" and then start typing. When I do this the the view in the box that you type in jumps up a bit and I can no longer see what I'm typing without scrolling down in between typed characters. Fortunately I can type without seeing what I'm typing, but try selecting the last sentence of the quote in order to underline it. That should show you what I'm talking about - maybe it's just a scurvy trick on Bob's part to keep people from arguing with him! :wink:

Buz, is it possible it is your computer? Perhaps you could try to recreate the issue on another machine?

I'm not able to recreate the issue either Buz. I think there might be something going on with your computer. What browser are you using?
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Buz Groshong » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:29 am

Montana Matt wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:Go to is-it-ok-to-create-pages-about-peaks-you-haven-t-climbed-t55621-135.html page 10, Bob's post at the bottom of the page. Click on "quote" and put the cursor in after the quoted text. Hit "Enter" and then start typing. When I do this the the view in the box that you type in jumps up a bit and I can no longer see what I'm typing without scrolling down in between typed characters. Fortunately I can type without seeing what I'm typing, but try selecting the last sentence of the quote in order to underline it. That should show you what I'm talking about - maybe it's just a scurvy trick on Bob's part to keep people from arguing with him! :wink:

I'm not able to recreate the issue either Buz. I think there might be something going on with your computer. What browser are you using?

Problem happens at home also. Using Internet Explorer 7 at home; using some version of Internet Explorer at work.
Buz Groshong

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:19 am

Buz Groshong wrote:Problem happens at home also. Using Internet Explorer 7 at home; using some version of Internet Explorer at work.

OK, I see the problem when using IE. I haven't looked into what's causing it yet.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Buz Groshong » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Nothing new?
Buz Groshong

Postby Montana Matt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:Nothing new?

You mean with the typing problem in IE? No, I've not had time to figure out what's causing that. It's pretty far down on my priority list at this point.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Clark_Griswold » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:54 am

I had this trouble today, but it occurred right after logging in. I wasn't sure what happened, but it appears to have resolved.
Clark_Griswold

Postby jesu, joy of man's desiring » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:15 pm

blazin wrote:
Montana Matt wrote:
blazin wrote:The problem is that this keeps happening to me if I've been logged in for more than 5 minutes. So, if it takes me too long to write a post, by the time I "hit" submit, I'm already sent to my user page. Annoying, but not insurmountable. Is a fix coming?

I've not yet experienced this and I've not heard anyone else mention it either, so I don't have any plans for a fix.

Have you cleared all of your cookies completely and then logged back in?

Switching from "log me out when I close my browser" to "keep me logged in" seems to have taken care of this for me. Thanks.

"Keep me logged in" seems to speed things up and stop sending you back to your profile page...

TRY IT...it's better than putting your fist thru the computer screen...after you've been sent back to your profile page for the 10th time.

---
jesu, joy of man's desiring

Previous

Return to Site Feedback