MBPost

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
visentin

MBPost

by visentin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:15 am

Hi !

Since the recent upgrades on SP there is not link anymore to MBPost from Summitpost. Thanks to it the other site regularly received some frech blood and new sumbissions. But since then it seems more and more deserted...
Apart from that it gets more and more spam.... Would the new version of the forum, like it was done in SP, help to get rid of them ?
Thanks,
Eric

The following user would like to thank visentin for this post
Cedar, Josh Lewis, Tangeman

Josh Lewis

Re: MBPost

by Josh Lewis » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 am

What would have to be done is either hire a new tech guy for mbpost or Ryle would have to come though and make the update. A capatcha is very much needed for mbpost.

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:50 am

It was questioned without elves' answer there: www-mbpost-org-t56305.html

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 am

sjarelkwint wrote:are there elves on mbpost?

Maybe send a pm to mvs or montana matt? those are the elve-geeks i think.

New phpBB3 version holds more spam when update on a weekly base ... If someone would be able to do that it can get implementated ...

There are elves in mbpost and I had just sent a PM to one of them

visentin

by visentin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm

One must differenciate an elve and a developper. Only developpers (then only Ryle on MBPost) can modify the site. As for elves MBPost has the particularity to have 2 kind of elves, with long and short ears.

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:08 pm

I asked the elve if he could say it to a developper/master. We'll see if he answer

John Duffield

by John Duffield » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes. + 1
MbPost is a good site. I also liked the link from the Home Page of this site.

The following user would like to thank John Duffield for this post
Dan Shorb, visentin

mvs

by mvs » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:24 pm

visentin wrote:One must differenciate an elve and a developper. Only developpers (then only Ryle on MBPost) can modify the site. As for elves MBPost has the particularity to have 2 kind of elves, with long and short ears.

:lol: I am the short-earned kind. My guess is also that Matt would have the tools to restore the link.

Tangeman

by Tangeman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 am

truchas wrote:MBPOST has been abandoned. They're probably leaving it up with no updates and no developers in site hoping it will wither on the vine. Then when they delete the entire site all together, they're won't be a big uproar.

Geez, I sure hope not! :shock:
Mbpost is a great site, lots of potential. So long as it doesn't end up like Canyon Post we'd be okay!

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Canyonpost was shut down partly because of my friend John Paul who linked to it which had some errors in it. It was not supposed to be publicly known, I found it, told him about it, he posted about it here on SP, and then it got shut down right away with text for the longest time "under construction".

As for mbpost, it has potential. All we need is a developer on there to update the files and such. Heck I would do it myself if I could. I don't think mbpost is going to go down because it has some nice stuff there, it just needs some fix ups.

As for the linking to it, if it is proffered to have the new features thing in the right upper corner, at the very least we could still have a mentioning of mbpost on the left side of the front page. And perhaps when SP is done being updated for a long period of time the link to mbpost could return. :wink:

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Mbpost forums seem to be not working with some kind of error. This is a serious issue that should be brought up to Josh or Ryle's attention. The forums are no longer accessible which is a big problem. :(

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:54 am

Josh Lewis wrote:Mbpost forums seem to be not working with some kind of error. This is a serious issue that should be brought up to Josh or Ryle's attention. The forums are no longer accessible which is a big problem. :(

Yeah, I noticed the same problem.

I thought it was just ME who was locked out of the forums. I nearly threw a "pissy fit" and
deleted all my pictures, but ALWAYS figured Ray Mondo would come back to save my ass.

I was wondering if anybody else had abandoned ship.

:roll:
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

no avatar
MBPostMaintainance

by MBPostMaintainance » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi !

Thanks to the SP staff for repairing the forum of MBPost.
However a couple of things need to be fixed :
- Icons on the left of forum entries do not appear, neither the icons for : Quote, Edit/Delete, Delete this post, View IP address
- Go to Administration Panel returns the following error :
Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/index_frameset.tpl does not exist
Besides of that, the quantity of spam is getting unbearable, hundreds of spams are arriving daily, they cannot be deleted one by one anymore, a solution must be found like a catchpa, or a systematic moderation.
- The Elf_tools page does not work for those who are normally granted this access

Thanks !
On behalf of the whole MBPost community ;)

phydeux

by phydeux » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Just an idea, but is it possilbe to make a section on the SP Forums page for cycling? Maybe start with a few subforums; road, MTB,trips & trip reports, trails & routes, races, and any others that seem appropriate? There seem to be a lot of SPrs who also cycle, so this might create added interest in a cycling related website, and determine if there's enough interest (and activity) for a separate site.

visentin

by visentin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:52 pm

This site exists ! That's what we're talking about !
www.mbpost.com

Next

Return to Site Feedback