Attaching pictures, idea

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
visentin

Attaching pictures, idea

by visentin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:28 pm

When we want to attach existing pictures to an object, new or not :
Find Objects to Attach to (Displaying only the objects you have permission to attach)

That would be great if, when we put an ID (number of an object) that doesn't corresponds to a picture ID but another type of object (album, peak, etc), we see all pictures attached to this object and enable us to select them easily from one object to the other.
That shouldn't be hard to implement, and would be great for many purposes, like for example copying a draft to a brand new page with all pictures begin attached from one to another.

The following user would like to thank visentin for this post
Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis

Re: Attaching pictures, idea

by Josh Lewis » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Agreed! I thought of that a while back. That would be helpful in some cases for me. :) Now this might be pushing it, but if you could select a user as well.

visentin

by visentin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:35 am

Josh Lewis wrote:Agreed! I thought of that a while back. That would be helpful in some cases for me. :) Now this might be pushing it, but if you could select a user as well.

Not sure if users IDs are using the same increment as objects IDs or not. If not, your idea would display tons of unwanted pictures when the ID of the parent matches any user ID..

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am

True, that's one thing that would make it harder to implement. :wink:

Return to Site Feedback