La Esfinge - Cordillera Blanca

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Erwil

La Esfinge - Cordillera Blanca

by Erwil » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Hello,

We're planning to give Esfinge a go this year. I have Brad Johnson's book with a RD of the Normal route, but it doesnt say much about the route. Does anybody have additional info for us? Would like to know a bit more about the quality, gear placement and grading. Is the 5.11c hard or soft? I spoke briefly to a local Peruvian guide who mentioned something about it not bieng 5.11, but rather in the upper 5.10 due to a easier variation around the crux, but I'm not sure about this at all. Also, if someone has done it, can they please advise gear and the whether the bivy spot is god or not? Any info will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Boriss Andean

Re: La Esfinge - Cordillera Blanca

by Boriss Andean » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Hello Erwil!

I just adopted La Esfinge page, and I'll be updating it with more info little by little. A friend of mine climbed La Esfinge "Cruz del Sur" route last season. He'll be providing me some aditional info in the next weeks, and I'll write this info down as soon as I get it. So far, this is the info you can find here in SP. Hope it helps a bit.

http://www.summitpost.org/esfinge-la-the-sphinx/150725

Boriss...

Erwil

Re: La Esfinge - Cordillera Blanca

by Erwil » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks for the info Boriss...just wish I could get more details of the route. Looks like we'll have to get the info on the route, whilst on the route :-)...

Return to South America