Summit wedding officiant for ABQ or Santa Fe area?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.
scooter12ga

Summit wedding officiant for ABQ or Santa Fe area?

by scooter12ga » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey everyone,

(Pardon the taboo of cross-posting this on a few forums, NM stuff tends to get buried and I want to ensure this gets good visibility.)

My fiancee and I have decided to have a tiny private wedding ceremony on a local peak. I thought I knew of an officiant that I had climbed with in the past, but was bummed to find out that she's no longer performing ceremonies.

Does anyone have any references for a registered NM wedding officiant who is capable of hiking a few miles on steep terrain, and who would be willing to perform an outdoor ceremony for a reasonable fee/gratuity?

Alternately, are any of YOU officiants/pastors/judges who might be willing to perform this service for the same above mentioned fee/gratuity? (with the potential of hooking up with a new climbing partner ;0) I lead 5.7-5.8 trad, follow up to 10-.)

FWIW, our ideal location is Lake Peak above SF ski area. A fairly easy hike/scramble in the summer.

Thanks!

~Mike

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)