Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Kendrick Peak

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Kendrick Peak

Postby beaudittl » Fri May 13, 2011 3:01 am

Hey all. I'm currently visiting my aunt in Flagstaff and am looking into a possible hike of Kendrick. I'm from NY and don't really know the area, well, I'll get to the point. I was curious if anyone in the area would be interested in partnering up for a hike. I'm a 19 year old college kid and I'm in good hiking shape. The only problem I can see is possibly elevation, but I've been in Flag for 4 or 5 days and haven't noticed any difference. Let me know if anyone wants in. Also, any pointers are greatly appreciated. Happy trails!
beaudittl

Re: Kendrick Peak

Postby Clark_Griswold » Fri May 13, 2011 5:26 pm

http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=295

That provides a good description of the trail and how to get to the trailhead. Next weekend I'm doing an overnight on the peak, but that's 8 days out. You could try Elden if you haven't already. The trail is steep but not as high at Kendrick. It would be very rare to have issues on either mountain. It's pretty rare on Humphrey, too, though I have seen folks having problems up there. They are usually from the Valley or out of shape. Being in Flag for several days might help a little.
Clark_Griswold

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)