Tips about Pamir

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
Joljon

Tips about Pamir

by Joljon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi,
me and some friends are going to Pamir this summer. We plan to climb Pik Lenina, Pik kommunizma and Pik Korzjenevskoj. We would very much like to get in contact with persons who have done either of these mountains recently.

We are e.g. looking for helicopter-operators to take us to Moskvina BC, and so far we know of three. Does anyone know of another operator that can be recommended?

adventuretravel.ru
centralasia-travel.com
climberca.com

Thanks! /Joel

Joljon

Re: Tips about Pamir

by Joljon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Ok, me and my friends have decided to go to Khan Tengri instead.

Now we would like to get in contact with somebody who has done KT from the South Inylchek Glacier. Some operators recommend the North side, because the South side is more prone to avanlanches. But I have heard that it is still common that people does KT from the South side. How risky is it? Is the climbing easier or more difficult, technically, from the South side?

Thanks ahead

hmix

Re: Tips about Pamir

by hmix » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm going to Khan Tengri from the North this summer. I'll be there with kantengri.kz It's supposedly slightly easier and less steep to the saddle on the South side, but more avalanche danger from what I've read. Both of the standard routes join for summit day on the West Ridge.

Return to Asia