Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
 

Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby clmbr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Here is the link to the trip video shot over 4 of July weekend:
http://youtu.be/Mq0XyMz0Pgc



The weather was excellent and many people had a good time and summited. Perhaps we met on the top.

I'm going back to Shasta this weekend and will camp at Hidden Valley on Saturday night and attempt upper Whitney Glacier (North Fork) from there. Perhaps I'll see you there.
User Avatar
clmbr

 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:21 am
Thanked: 80 times in 60 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby Trawinski » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Nice camera work. You have a steady hand (or a Steadicam). I was over in Hidden Valley that weekend. Epic weather indeed, and only saw one other party camping at HV. Pretty sweet.
User Avatar
Trawinski

 
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: NorCal
Thanked: 7 times in 6 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby clmbr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Trawinski wrote:Nice camera work. You have a steady hand (or a Steadicam).

"steady hand", I'm still practicing; the camera is very light though.

Thanks
User Avatar
clmbr

 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:21 am
Thanked: 80 times in 60 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby goldenhopper » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:35 pm

clmbr wrote:
Trawinski wrote:Nice camera work. You have a steady hand (or a Steadicam).

"steady hand", I'm still practicing; the camera is very light though.

Thanks



GoPro Cam?

Enjoyed the vid, thanks!
User Avatar
goldenhopper

 
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: La La Land, California, United States
Thanked: 557 times in 391 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby Vitaliy M. » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Hey, I just did Whitney glacier last weekend. We used Bolam TH so we could camp at the start of the glacier. Sunset views of the mountain were fantastic! Walked through both icefalls for some awesome photos. Glacier seems to be in a pretty good condition. Enjoy!
User Avatar
Vitaliy M.

 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:23 am
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Thanked: 287 times in 215 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby clmbr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:47 pm

goldenhopper wrote:GoPro Cam?

Enjoyed the vid, thanks!

No. I was thinking about that but it does not have zoom. This one is Sony DSC-HX7V at 1080/60i. $270 at Costco and after testing it in Death Valley decided to keep it. I bought additional Sony battery for $25 and 4 generic for $10 total at Amazon (to have at least one per day). For the generic one the camera says “not authorized battery” even though I read some posts it was supposed to work as original. Unfortunately, Sony does such things.

Vitaliy M. wrote:Hey, I just did Whitney glacier last weekend. We used Bolam TH so we could camp at the start of the glacier. Sunset views of the mountain were fantastic! Walked through both icefalls for some awesome photos. Glacier seems to be in a pretty good condition. Enjoy!

Thanks. Did you post pictures?
User Avatar
clmbr

 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:21 am
Thanked: 80 times in 60 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby Vitaliy M. » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 pm

posted some photos on my facebook. you can add "Vitaliy M." if you want to see. Posting here takes wayyy too much time.
User Avatar
Vitaliy M.

 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:23 am
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Thanked: 287 times in 215 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby goldenhopper » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote:posted some photos on my facebook. you can add "Vitaliy M." if you want to see. Posting here takes wayyy too much time.


I've always been able to view your photos on facebook, Vitaliy. Your photos are either open to everyone or set for friends of friends (which would include me). I like the one where you're grabbing your junk. :lol:
User Avatar
goldenhopper

 
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: La La Land, California, United States
Thanked: 557 times in 391 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby Vitaliy M. » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 pm

goldenhopper wrote:
Vitaliy M. wrote:posted some photos on my facebook. you can add "Vitaliy M." if you want to see. Posting here takes wayyy too much time.


I've always been able to view your photos on facebook, Vitaliy. Your photos are either open to everyone or set for friends of friends (which would include me). I like the one where you're grabbing your junk. :lol:


Guy with a 8.6/10 Ghey photo confesses of being a stalker, and likes the picture of me grabbing my junk...thank you SP!
User Avatar
Vitaliy M.

 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:23 am
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Thanked: 287 times in 215 posts

Re: Did you climb Mt Shasta over 4 of July weekend?

Postby goldenhopper » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:18 am

Vitaliy M. wrote:
goldenhopper wrote:
Vitaliy M. wrote:posted some photos on my facebook. you can add "Vitaliy M." if you want to see. Posting here takes wayyy too much time.


I've always been able to view your photos on facebook, Vitaliy. Your photos are either open to everyone or set for friends of friends (which would include me). I like the one where you're grabbing your junk. :lol:


Guy with a 8.6/10 Ghey photo confesses of being a stalker, and likes the picture of me grabbing my junk...thank you SP!


:lol:

Agree, the splendor of SP is beyond measure. :D
User Avatar
goldenhopper

 
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: La La Land, California, United States
Thanked: 557 times in 391 posts


Return to California

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.