Fat loss while climbing

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.
Ze

Re: Fat loss while climbing

by Ze » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:32 am

calories in / out is still a basic law to follow. but there are so many factors about lifestyle, genetics, hormones, and what you eat that affect how much you are burning via resting metabolism and nervous energy.

basically, for sedentary folk, make sure you get a lot of veggies, varied protein, omega 3....with a calorie defecit you will lose weight in a good way. carbs are good (at least cycling) to help keep hormones at good levels.

but with training, you have to up the carbs (especially post training). or else you won't recover, hormones go out of wack, injury, fatigue, all sorts of bad stuff.

hamik

by hamik » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 am

Hm, I managed to GAIN 5 pounds in Peru in 5 weeks. Guess I reeeeally stuffed it in town! (I also did lots of calisthenics at the park between peaks.)

Grampahawk

by Grampahawk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:42 pm

MoapaPk wrote:I started on a long one day hike, weighing 152 lbs. The next day, I was just 69 kilograms.

So you gained .06 kilograms. Maybe people weigh a little more at the top of a mountain because they have more of Earth's mass under them

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Grampahawk wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:I started on a long one day hike, weighing 152 lbs. The next day, I was just 69 kilograms.

So you gained .06 kilograms. Maybe people weigh a little more at the top of a mountain because they have more of Earth's mass under them

Actually, I was down from the mountain before I remeasured my mass. Unfortunately, my scale has just 0.5 kg accuracy. I did stop for a meal on the way back.

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Grampahawk wrote:

Wrong answer. Weight is greater at lower elevation because you are closer to the center of mass of the earth. The mass of a mountain is insignificant compared to the mass of the earth and won't make much difference to weight.

AdamsKerr

by AdamsKerr » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:28 pm

lost a little over 15lbs on Broad Peak this summer

Previous

Return to Technique and Training