Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Get HTML help, style input, and feedback on your pages from other SP members.
 

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby Bob Sihler » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Okay, Paulo, you have the page now. After you update it, let me know so I can erase any low votes and negative comments from before.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1884 times in 1057 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby PAROFES » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:Okay, Paulo, you have the page now. After you update it, let me know so I can erase any low votes and negative comments from before.


Hello Bob,

Finished, no more than 3 hours working on it and it's quite better.
Take a look.
I updated the obligatory gear list, half the gear wasn't there. Some good informative photos and landscape too.
Also i gave it a description for the normal route with a good ilustration showing all the way to the top, and a link to the weather forecast.
I guess it's really better now.

Cheers

Paulo
www.altamontanha.com
User Avatar
PAROFES

 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Thanked: 180 times in 49 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby CSUMarmot » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 am

Sent a PM out today for admin rights on Mount Margaret http://www.summitpost.org/mount-margaret/203616
Dammit kid get off mah lawn!!!
NoCo Chris
User Avatar
CSUMarmot

 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:12 am
Location: Loveland, Colorado, United States
Thanked: 70 times in 46 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby CSUMarmot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 pm

I am now an administrator for http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=203616&confirm_post=7
I also sent out some PMs to ask if voters wished to change their vote in light of the changes I made to the page.
I think I helped a bit :D
Dammit kid get off mah lawn!!!
NoCo Chris
User Avatar
CSUMarmot

 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:12 am
Location: Loveland, Colorado, United States
Thanked: 70 times in 46 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby PAROFES » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:48 pm

One more,

Bob, the page is: http://www.summitpost.org/pico-caratuva/192176
I send an email to the owner since he's not using sp anymore, last login date was in jun2009, over two years ago.
No answer about the e-mail and the PM.
I d like to update the page, which btw has one vote bringing it down.
I know all needed info since i hiked this one several times.

Paulo
http://www.altamontanha.com
User Avatar
PAROFES

 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Thanked: 180 times in 49 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby PAROFES » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:22 pm

So far, no answer from the owner, as i said, he probably gave up on SP.
User Avatar
PAROFES

 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Thanked: 180 times in 49 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby Bob Sihler » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Paulo, that page has been transferred to you now.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1884 times in 1057 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby PAROFES » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:Paulo, that page has been transferred to you now.


Thanks again Bob, it's better already. Take a look and please remove the bad vote (first vote) from it.

Cheers

Paulo
User Avatar
PAROFES

 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Thanked: 180 times in 49 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 am

Bob Sihler wrote:If you have adopted a page, reworked it, and would like low votes and negative comments from before your ownership removed, please make such requests here.

Can you work your shenanigans on this page's old low votes Bob? Thanks...

http://www.summitpost.org/seven-gables/151635
User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Thanked: 1214 times in 823 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby Kiefer » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 am

Definitely looking MUCH better now, CSU! In general, I'm not impressed with anything by joegrim on this site. The guy could just be really
busy or have just a passing interest in wiki-stuff. Though I know he is a peakbagger cause I've seen his name in a lot of Larimer County summit registers. Who knows.
CSUMarmot wrote:Sent a PM out today for admin rights on Mount Margaret http://www.summitpost.org/mount-margaret/203616


Thanks for this thread, Bob! 8)
By the way, I just recently wiped out all beta for Castleabra. Took it over & gonna make a fresh start.
Could you zap all the votes on the page?
Muchos Tacos mi amigo!! :D
User Avatar
Kiefer

 
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Estes Park, Colorado, United States
Thanked: 116 times in 65 posts

The following user would like to thank Kiefer for this post
CSUMarmot

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby Bob Sihler » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 am

mrchad9 wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:If you have adopted a page, reworked it, and would like low votes and negative comments from before your ownership removed, please make such requests here.

Can you work your shenanigans on this page's old low votes Bob? Thanks...

http://www.summitpost.org/seven-gables/151635


Done.

Kiefer Thomas wrote:By the way, I just recently wiped out all beta for Castleabra. Took it over & gonna make a fresh start.
Could you zap all the votes on the page?
Muchos Tacos mi amigo!! :D


And done.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1884 times in 1057 posts

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
mrchad9

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby Bob Sihler » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 am

SP members:

In the future, if you take over a bad page and it is such a mess that deleting it and starting over seems easier, there is a tool we have that can help. After you create the new page, we can transfer all attachments-- photos, trip reports, routes, climbing logs, etc.-- with one click, saving you a ton of work. Just ask.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1884 times in 1057 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby rgg » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:SP members:

In the future, if you take over a bad page and it is such a mess that deleting it and starting over seems easier, there is a tool we have that can help. After you create the new page, we can transfer all attachments-- photos, trip reports, routes, climbing logs, etc.-- with one click, saving you a ton of work. Just ask.


Just curious ... do any links to the old page get broken by this, or does the new page get the old object_id after the transfer?
User Avatar
rgg

 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:15 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Thanked: 98 times in 78 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby Bob Sihler » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:42 pm

rgg wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:SP members:

In the future, if you take over a bad page and it is such a mess that deleting it and starting over seems easier, there is a tool we have that can help. After you create the new page, we can transfer all attachments-- photos, trip reports, routes, climbing logs, etc.-- with one click, saving you a ton of work. Just ask.


Just curious ... do any links to the old page get broken by this, or does the new page get the old object_id after the transfer?


Unfortunately, existing links would be broken. That is the "cost" of doing this, and it's difficult to tell if there are any links out there elsewhere on the site. You also have to manually reattach the new page to parent pages, though that is much simpler to do.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1884 times in 1057 posts

Re: Adopted/Adopting a Page?

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:22 pm

I see no significant advantage to recreating a page as described above. It is very easy to wipe out all the content in each section of an existing page if needed... just highlight and delete.

The only advantage seems to be getting your work on the 'What's New' page. Not really worth it IMHO if links and such are broken. If you want to highlight your effort post it here or in the 'What's New in ______' threads that are in pretty much every region.
User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Thanked: 1214 times in 823 posts

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
kamil

PreviousNext

Return to Page Help

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.