mrchad banned?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Marmaduke

Re: mrchad banned?

by Marmaduke » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:20 am

Chad and another SP member were both banned last year, around January/February if I remember correctly. This has been covered, the mods/elves have their stance and it won't change. BUT I will state again, if a member is banned and they want the reasons made public, I think they shoud be. The elves will not get it right all the time. An elf can have a dislike for a member, and after a bad at work, after he gets home and finds out his wife is bitching about a broken frig, the son is getting 4 "F's" in school, the 16 year old daughter is pregnant and the dog was hit by a car.......well the elf sits down to SP and sees a post or 2 or 3 or 4 and BOOM. YOU'RE BANNED!

I will add that I in no way am defending Chad as I don't know what happen. I will also add that I don't care why he is banned or not. BUT when it comes to members being banned, the process is flawed.

The following user would like to thank Marmaduke for this post
Hotoven, kamil, mrchad9

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:27 pm

I agree with Marmaduke. I think all the elves need to come to one conclusion and do a ban only after all the elves see the evidence.
"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"
- The Dude, Lebowski

The following user would like to thank Hotoven for this post
mrchad9

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:14 pm

The current process is they defend each other first, address everything else second.

I agree an enhancement would be to discuss such things before taking action. In the past that was advertised as the procedure, but somewhere along the way they changed it. Probably at the moment Bob Burd banned me.

Baarb

by Baarb » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:50 am

I wonder if there would be an appetite for a SP Nine Circles of Hell equivalent Custom Object populated with users who had gone against the system. For some it might serve to record the mighty efforts they made to do good (in their own eyes) but for others it might just be an uncomfortable reminder of past errors of judgement. If the idea took off everyone could have 'Evil' points in addition to power points.

The following user would like to thank Baarb for this post
chugach mtn boy, lcarreau

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:14 am

Baarb wrote:I wonder if there would be an appetite for a SP Nine Circles of Hell equivalent Custom Object populated with users who had gone against the system. For some it might serve to record the mighty efforts they made to do good (in their own eyes) but for others it might just be an uncomfortable reminder of past errors of judgement. If the idea took off everyone could have 'Evil' points in addition to power points.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axDrXcx0Og[/youtube]
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Nice to see some members actually care about a member being banned.

The following user would like to thank Vitaliy M. for this post
mrchad9

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:03 pm

I don't get it. Maybe I missed something. Mrchad, if you come out here, look me up, we'll do some desert peaks.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 pm

MoapaPk wrote:I don't get it. Maybe I missed something. Mrchad, if you come out here, look me up, we'll do some desert peaks.

I was banned for a week in November. Details are in the link of borutbk's OP.

I am definitely coming out there at least once, maybe twice depending on Southwest's and rental car's deals. Probably in the February through April timeframe. Sure, maybe something will work out.

Return to Site Feedback