Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Snowmass

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Snowmass

Postby NW » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:00 pm

I'm looking to do a speed trip to CO in May, fly to Denver climb a mountain, fly home. I was just browsing around and I really like the look of Snowmass but can't find much information on conditions in May. Has anyone been there that time of year? Or any suggestions for good mountains that time? They would preferably be in that area just for time reasons.
NW

Re: Snowmass

Postby pyerger » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Try fourteeners.com for more info. I havn't been to the Elks that time of year, but I would guess the aproaches for most of those peaks like Snowmass would all be snow travel, including the trail portions.( Depends on snow year) Also you are looking at a 4/5 hour drive from Denver. there are 14ers that are much closer, and easier to climb. By easier I mean not multi day excusions. Quandary, sherman, Grays, Torries, Evans, Shavano,and Pikes are all good early season climbs.

Good luck!!
pyerger

Return to Colorado