When sticking your feet in your cats belly no longer works..

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
NW

When sticking your feet in your cats belly no longer works..

by NW » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 pm

then you look for entertainment somewhere's else! Ok so maybe I've been sick for a few days and am getting a little stir crazy. So I have an idea that will or will not be greeted with replys. So I guess I'll start . I'll write down a story about climbing I've had then you take something from it or something it reminds you of and write down one you had. I just like hearing peoples stories and I know people like telling them so here's one about one of my first mountains. I had decided I wanted to check out Gaspe National Park and climb there so my husband and I went up. I had decided that our best option for camping was the Jacques-Cartier campground. Upon getting there we find out there's no payments except cash so we have to drive 45 minutes to the town and then back before the lone ranger left for the night. Just made it. We were the only people in the campground so that was cool. That night we discovered in the middle of a rainstorm that our tent had given up the ghost and started leaking. Now there were cabins called refuges there but we had opted out of them because we were trying to get by as cheap as possible. But in a wet tent and the pouring rain it didn't matter. So we found one, found it was open, stocked with nice dry wood and a wood stove etc. Heaven!! The next day we told the guy when he came back we had stayed there and wanted to pay the difference but whether because he spoke little English and us little French and he either didn't quite understand or just took pity on us we didn't have too! YAY! Anyway we did go up the nice trail to the summit of Jacques-Cartier, saw the wild caribou and didn't get rained on the rest of the climbing trip. Now that my have bored some of you so feel free to tell some of your stories. Come on., you know you want to!! Here's la refuge!

The following user would like to thank NW for this post
Jabberwocky

Baarb

Re: When sticking your feet in your cats belly no longer wor

by Baarb » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:58 am

Seems like a good thread to bump?

lcarreau

Re: When sticking your feet in your cats belly no longer wor

by lcarreau » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 am

Sticking your feet in your cat's belly ? What if you don't have a cat ???

"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

The following user would like to thank lcarreau for this post
TimB

Return to General