Colorado Page Rebuilds

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Gareth

Re: Colorado Page Rebuilds

by Gareth » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:38 am

Despite the fact that I'm still working on a few routes for the peak, I'm going to call the main page for The Citadel open for business. I figured that with a featured trip report on the front page which talks about the mountain, I had better go live quick. :wink:

The following user would like to thank Gareth for this post
Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Gareth wrote:Despite the fact that I'm still working on a few routes for the peak, I'm going to call the main page for The Citadel open for business. I figured that with a featured trip report on the front page which talks about the mountain, I had better go live quick. :wink:

Nothing like a little deadline pressure, eh? Nice work, Gareth. -Sarah
Go climb a mountain

Gareth

by Gareth » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:09 am

The rebuilt Rio Grande Pyramid page is done, as well as the new East Slopes & The Window route.

Kiefer, Sarah Simon

bblack99

by bblack99 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:40 am

Has anyone started on the Southeast Ridge route for Pennsylvania? I'm heading to Fairplay around Memorial Day and would like to warm up on that easy trail. My main question is where to park for the "trailhead" on that ridge and avoid private property gripes. Google Maps are pointing me toward the dead end at Mountain View Drive...can anyone confirm?

I'll volunteer to rebuild that route page following the trip if no one else claims it sooner!

Steven Cross

by Steven Cross » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:06 pm

bblack99 wrote:Has anyone started on the Southeast Ridge route for Pennsylvania? I'm heading to Fairplay around Memorial Day and would like to warm up on that easy trail. My main question is where to park for the "trailhead" on that ridge and avoid private property gripes. Google Maps are pointing me toward the dead end at Mountain View Drive...can anyone confirm?

I'll volunteer to rebuild that route page following the trip if no one else claims it sooner!

Yes, Google Maps pointed you in the right direction. I remember seeing Mountain View drive on the old route page.

The following user would like to thank Steven Cross for this post
bblack99

Gareth

by Gareth » Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 am

The East Ridge via Herman Gulch route for the Citadel is up.

(And the newly submitted Citadell to Pettingell Traverse route is also on the Citadel's page)

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Wed May 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Gareth wrote:The East Ridge via Herman Gulch route for the Citadel is up.

(And the newly submitted Citadell to Pettingell Traverse route is also on the Citadel's page)

Nice work, Gareth, thank you for jumping in to contribute!!! -Sarah
Go climb a mountain

Gareth

by Gareth » Thu May 03, 2012 5:03 am

Sarah Simon wrote:Nice work, Gareth, thank you for jumping in to contribute!!! -Sarah

No problem. I'm glad that I could patch a few holes.

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Mon May 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Courthouse Mountain ine Cimarron is back to life.

I will work on the standard Courthouse Mountain Trail next, unless someone else wants it!
Go climb a mountain

JonBradford

by JonBradford » Sun May 13, 2012 6:20 pm

I think I have found all the holes that Aaron's departure created on my mountain pages. Feel free to review them if you like. Also if anyone feels they could do a better job maintaining some of my mountains please PM and I can share editing privileges or turn them over for adoption (I haven't been nearly as active of a member as I used to be...). Some of the new pages and rebuilds of Aaron's pages are really outstanding. Thanks to everyone who has put in the effort to fix things up.
Regards,
Jon Bradford

The following user would like to thank JonBradford for this post
Sarah Simon

Liba Kopeckova

by Liba Kopeckova » Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 am

I think I would like to take Cirque, Potosi and Southwest ridge on Sneffels. Not sure how to claim it. Thanks.

The following user would like to thank Liba Kopeckova for this post
Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Hey Team Colorado,

Thanks for your patience as I've been traveling for business all week. (That happens all the time, but this week was Vegas for our annual corporate conference and I was running non-stop!)

Sarah
Go climb a mountain

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm

JonBradford wrote:I think I have found all the holes that Aaron's departure created on my mountain pages. Feel free to review them if you like. Also if anyone feels they could do a better job maintaining some of my mountains please PM and I can share editing privileges or turn them over for adoption (I haven't been nearly as active of a member as I used to be...). Some of the new pages and rebuilds of Aaron's pages are really outstanding. Thanks to everyone who has put in the effort to fix things up.
Regards,
Jon Bradford

Jon,

Thanks for your contributions, from darn near a decade ago to the present. Where is your list of the remaining holes in the content post-Aaron? I would love your insights as to what is still missing.
Go climb a mountain

The following user would like to thank Sarah Simon for this post
JonBradford

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Fri May 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Liba Kopeckova wrote:I think I would like to take Cirque, Potosi and Southwest ridge on Sneffels. Not sure how to claim it. Thanks.

Consider all of these YOURS, Liba. Thank you for stepping up in such a big way! I'll update the front page to indicate you own these pages now.

You guys rock!

Sarah
Go climb a mountain

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Special thanks to Boriss Andean for stepping up to build a great page for Mount Morrison!

http://www.summitpost.org/mount-morrison/790630
Go climb a mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Colorado