Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

The stupid things I did before I knew better...

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.

Re: The stupid things I did before I knew better...

Postby Tangeman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:09 am

My first backpacking trip when I was 12 was me, a bunch of other kids, and two 20-somethings who were supposed to "take care" of us, but that's a misleader because they were both as dumb as we were. :P

Naturally, being all cool and stuff, we packed in all the ingredients for bacon cheesburgers. Yeah, that's right. Double bacon cheeseburgers at that. It was awesome until we realized they attracted every bear in a 5 mile radius. Needless to say that was an...interesting night :D

One the same trip I ate a ham, cheese, lettuce and mayo sandwich that had been in my pocket for 3 days. The lettuce was brown. :shock:
Tangeman

Postby fatdad » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm

BTW, re the dude who climbed Rainier in jeans, Hugh Burton (Yosemite hardman from the 70s) supposedly climbed the Cassin Ridge in jeans.
fatdad

Postby mcorbs28 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:03 pm

wow.... where to start? i should just start a post called "the stupid things i do because i don't know better..."
mcorbs28

Postby Marmaduke » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 am

This wasn't me but I what I saw. Desolation Wilderness (Calif) and there is a "hiker" with an ice ax dangling from his pack. Late August and no ice or snow to be found. Am I naive, is there some use this guy might have had for the ax? Or ........
Marmaduke

Previous

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander