Page Feedback please!

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
mrchad9

Re: Page Feedback please!

by mrchad9 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:12 am

Josh I think SP has been poorly run over the past several years. If you and Matt disagree, then we will just have to accept that. Note that there are many members, not all posting here, that also believe it hasn't been run well recently. It needs real support, not window dressing.

Note that Wikipedia is all about the content. Not a bunch of flashy graphics and colors and shading to present coding prowess to the users. The content is what is featured, and SP should be the same. Also their home page completely changes daily. SP home page should too. Coding should be behind the scenes, not something to try to impress the members with.

Brian C

by Brian C » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 pm

mrchad9 wrote:...Coding should be behind the scenes, not something to try to impress the members with.

This is far from why I started this thread. Obviously the information is more important than the look. Re-working through my older pages and adding newer info and better maps/descriptions is what sparked me revamping some pages and why I posted this thread. Arguing over how SP should be managed seems like it would be better suited to a PM or another thread.

The following user would like to thank Brian C for this post
MarkDidier

MarkDidier

by MarkDidier » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Brian,
I do like the way your new pages look. They stay within the traditional SP "style" and from my personnel opinion, just look better - visually more appealling.

I also like the the slightly larger font, but of course I'm nearly 50 years old and can't go anywhere without reading glasses. :lol:

Happy Trails, Mark

Brian C

by Brian C » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks Mark! Experimenting with the larger fonts has actually made me wonder if I need to get my eyes checked too!

Previous

Return to Site Feedback