Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Afzal

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Afzal » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:14 am

My Inbox showing 1 unread message. I have read all, but problem is still there.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 am

You've had this problem for a long time now. :? I think a test ought to be done on the test site to resolve this. I'll mark this in the bug list.

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

by ZeeJay » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:46 am

Why are trip reports that are under construction listed on the What's New page? They don't show up when you click on trip reports on the front page though.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:31 am

I'm sorry, but I currently do not know of any way to make the font size zoom button work in internet explorer as long as we have a set size. And we don't want everyone's font size to be tampered with because internet explorer doesn't know how to work with zooming into set font sizes.

Regarding "negative". I'm simply stating a fact of life. I even suggested a method that will make using the internet a better experience. :wink: If you can come up with a solution to make it work with IE, I'm all ears. Matt's the actual guy who inserts suggestions. I came up with most of the new CSS for the template. But most of the code was written by the owners (Matt included). I believe this problem was still present in SP V2.

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

by ZeeJay » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Montana Matt wrote:The What's New page doesn't take into account whether or not they are under construction when selecting which new trip reports to show. This could be changed so that they are omitted, but then a page (or TR) that took a long time to complete would never enter the "What's New" page. We could update the time submitted when someone changes the page from under construction to not under construction, but then that would mean people could continually show up in the list by simply switching it back and forth.

How about if the first time and only the first time a page moves from under construction to not under construction it goes on the what's new page and gets the current date. Otherwise all of the under construction pages could knock off the ones that are done and like you said, a page taking a long time would never get there. Also, if I want to update one of my pages, I'd change it to being under construction, but when I was done, I would not want it on the what's new page.

The following user would like to thank ZeeJay for this post
rgg

hansw

by hansw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 pm

I have several youtube links that don’t show in SP V3. Known bug?
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:38 am

I went to summitpost at work today and when I tried to sign in it showed my profile, but wouldn't let me sign in. I don't know what was going on. I deleted cookies and when I went to summitpost it did the same thing again. I would have posted a message here, but it wouldn't let me because it wouldn't let me sign in. Every time I clicked on sign in, it just brought up my profile. The forums did not consider me signed in. I'm now signed in at home.

reboyles

by reboyles » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm seeing the best performance (ever) with editing and updates. I used to go get a cup of coffee while waiting for for a page or photo to load and sometimes it pissed me off to the point that I considered pulling my content out of here. Whatever Matt did to optimize the site was a major improvement from my neck of the net.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Bob

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:I went to summitpost at work today and when I tried to sign in it showed my profile, but wouldn't let me sign in. I don't know what was going on. I deleted cookies and when I went to summitpost it did the same thing again. I would have posted a message here, but it wouldn't let me because it wouldn't let me sign in. Every time I clicked on sign in, it just brought up my profile. The forums did not consider me signed in. I'm now signed in at home.

Next time that happens, just log out and log back in.

Apparently the problem was on my end. When I deleted browsing history and cookies, it was apparently not deleting everything from my favorite sites.

ywardhorner

by ywardhorner » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't have time to read this entire thread so sorry if someone else has already reported this. Since the upgrade, I'm finding it very difficult to add or edit Mountain pages. When trying to upload/attach an image, 2 out of 3 times I end up with a blank page saying Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Page and I have to start over. Ditto when editing sections on the pages (ie. to insert an image). I either get the IE error page or a blank(ish) SP page showing just the text that normally appears at the bottom.

Running IE9 on Win 7.
Connect with me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/YWardHorner or check out my blog http://blog.yvettewardhorner.com

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks for the report. Oh I hate IE. Literally most of the major issues we face is because of IE. :x Pardon my rant. :wink: Well I suppose I could do some extensive testing with IE9 this week. Not sure how much this would help, but try clearing your cache. When swapping between SP's test site and the normal one I've noticed some issues. Cleared my cache and suddenly things are working fine. :D It's one of the first things I do when testing a problem. If anyone else has this issue, please report it to us, this will make it more obvious to us that it's completely related to the entire browser itself.

Dow Williams

by Dow Williams » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm

I am moving my beta from SP soon, so it is not a huge deal....but I still need to write and store beta until the transition...I cannot add pages to SP anymore...seems unstable to me....same issues as Ward above

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Rather than give up, why not carefully report the issues and we will do our best to fix them. Issues with Internet Explorer are less obvious to us because we don't use it much except for testing. We do inspect around with IE, but we cannot find every issue out there unless we were willing to spend more extensive hours to test every last feature of the site. But we already do this in other browsers. :? It's honestly a lot of work. Making everyone happy is not an easy job.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback