Lowa Mountain Expert GTX Mountaineering Boots - Men's

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
RoyJamieson

Lowa Mountain Expert GTX Mountaineering Boots - Men's

by RoyJamieson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 am

I'm still looking, does anyone have the above and what can you tell me about the fit?
I'm wide across the middle of the foot and a roomier toe box would be preferable.
Do these fit the bill or do they run narrow?

Mark M

Re: Lowa Mountain Expert GTX Mountaineering Boots - Men's

by Mark M » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:10 am

Not sure if this helps but I have a similar lowa boot (Cristallo X-Pro) and have wide feet and they fit perfect.

Andrew Rankine

by Andrew Rankine » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm

I have these boots, and would say they are not terribly wide (slightly wider than La Sportiva maybe). But, they do have a roomier toe box than La Sportiva. I have regular width feet, and they have enough room to move around in the toe box a little.

Hotfeet

by Hotfeet » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 am

I have these boots and so far I love them. My last two pair of boots have been Asolo. In June 2012 I wanted a change and liked the Lowa GTX the best. They are more comfortable than the Asolo and a little wider. I put a lot of miles on my boots and so far they holding up well.

aglane

by aglane » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:47 am

Andrew Rankine wrote:I have these boots, and would say they are not terribly wide (slightly wider than La Sportiva maybe). But, they do have a roomier toe box than La Sportiva. I have regular width feet, and they have enough room to move around in the toe box a little.

Agreed. I've had mine for a couple of years: good insulation, can't imagine a cushier fit, and the toe box is better than most for my widening forefoot and problem hammer-toes. Narrower in the heel, perhaps, which is just what I need. Can't make comparisons except to note if it helps that the Lowa is certainly narrower than the 5.10s that I find run a bit wide for me.

The following user would like to thank aglane for this post
RoyJamieson

Return to Gear