Looking for Climbing Partner in Northeast GA

Find climbing partners in the Eastern US
LukeR84

Looking for Climbing Partner in Northeast GA

by LukeR84 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 pm

I am back in school at UGA and also in the Army Reserve, so I am pretty busy. I am looking for someone who can climb a little better than myself, and who is looking to bag some harder climbs.

I have seconded Looking Glass (The Nose), and have led the first pitch (slowly!). I've done some easier trad leads (once at T-Wall, messed around at the Flatirons) and feel confident enough on Sport leads (Foster Falls, Currahee). My main problem is that I don't have a ton of time/money to devote to actually climbing, so I'm generally out of shape when I do make it to a crag. I'm looking for someone who is wanting to climb more often, indoors or out, and tolerant of someone who "knows a lot" about climbing, just currently isn't too good at it.

Goals include Mountaineering: Rainier, Hood, Whitney, Aconcagua (at some point!)

Climbing- I can do 5.8+ pretty much whenever, I'd like to get back to leading 5.10b sport or better confidently, and 5.7+ trad comfortably. I need more experience on multipitch, leading and taking falls.

Actual goals include Bugaboos, Cerro Torre (Both ambitious and distant!) but realistically I'd like to try for some actual leads on Looking Glass/ Stone Mountain, Grand Teton etc... I've got the chutzpah usually, but the skill occasionally eludes me.

I'm tired of not climbing/getting beat when I do go, and having a partner who is slightly more advanced would be nice for the sake of friendly competition/mutual learning.

Return to US - Eastern (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)