climbing grants

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
skyward22

climbing grants

by skyward22 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 am

I know the AAC (American Alpine Club) is a big funder, but is anyone else aware of any other organizations that give out the $$

Jesus Malverde

Re: climbing grants

by Jesus Malverde » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:54 am

tobe945,
FWIW,

The U.S.-based Explorers Club has a grant program that may include climbing/mountaineering projects, but I believe you need to be a member of the club to receive the grant:

http://www.explorers.org/index.php/expe ... ng/funding

From what I can remember, Explorer's Club membership was somewhat difficult to obtain (though this may have changed in the last few years).

skyward22

by skyward22 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:05 pm

JC wrote:There is a also this thing called, 'get a job and save up'.

Why use money you work hard for when you can get organizations to pay for it by selling a unique idea with a little good writing skills? But of course, you probably aren't even literate, as a stonemason, so keep saving!

skyward22

by skyward22 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Jesus Malverde wrote:tobe945,
FWIW,

The U.S.-based Explorers Club has a grant program that may include climbing/mountaineering projects, but I believe you need to be a member of the club to receive the grant:

http://www.explorers.org/index.php/expe ... ng/funding

From what I can remember, Explorer's Club membership was somewhat difficult to obtain (though this may have changed in the last few years).

Thanks Jesus! Definitely a good resource, so I bookmarked it. However, they seem to focus on research/education endeavors, unfortunately which my trip doesn't qualify for.

Return to General