hydration product

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
abehzadi

Re: hydration product

by abehzadi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Below is some technical data on the insulation. Tests and analysis was done. That information is part of the final patent application and considered proprietary. The patent is not yet nonprovisional so we're holding onto that info until we have the protection that it provides. Yes, if the sides and button are insulated most of the heat transfer is thru the top. A cover mitigates that but also gets in the way. To make the product easier for daily use, it was omitted. Eventually, a version with a cover will be made for more extreme uses, like high altitude mountaineering.

no avatar
abehzadi

by abehzadi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Higher the R value the better, lower the thermal conductivity the better.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Why in the name of all that is good and evil are you getting a patent for a product that damages everything from nalgene containers to backpacks? It fades their colors and weakens the material.

Mine got into the sunlight and warmed up and caused an acid burn on my hand. So maybe if you plan to use it only sitting on the couch watching TV with room temperature liquids in an aluminum container and chain mail gloves on your hand... but anything else I would suggest folks find a safer alternative.

no avatar
abehzadi

by abehzadi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

MRCHAD9 THIS IS NOT THE PRODUCT THAT HARMED YOU! THAT IS ANOTHER PRODUCT WITH THE SAME NAME AS I HAVE POINTED OUT. YOU COULDN'T HAVE BEEN USING OUR PRODUCT AS IT IS NOT FOR SALE, AND ALL THE ITEMS MADE ARE CURRENTLY ACCOUNTED FOR AND WE NEVER GAVE ANY OUT. YOU SAID A GEL LEAKED OUT AND HURT YOU, OURS HAS NO GEL AT ALL. THE AEROGEL INSULATION BLANKETS ARE A FABRIC TYPE MATERIAL. I PUT A BLOWTORCH TO IT AND IT DID NOT TURN INTO A GEL.

The following user would like to thank abehzadi for this post
anita

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 pm

abehzadi wrote:MRCHAD9 THIS IS NOT THE PRODUCT THAT HARMED YOU! THAT IS ANOTHER PRODUCT WITH THE SAME NAME AS I HAVE POINTED OUT. YOU COULDN'T HAVE BEEN USING OUR PRODUCT AS IT IS NOT FOR SALE, AND ALL THE ITEMS MADE ARE CURRENTLY ACCOUNTED FOR AND WE NEVER GAVE ANY OUT. YOU SAID A GEL LEAKED OUT AND HURT YOU, OURS HAS NO GEL AT ALL. THE AEROGEL INSULATION BLANKETS ARE A FABRIC TYPE MATERIAL. I PUT A BLOWTORCH TO IT AND IT DID NOT TURN INTO A GEL.

SPEAKING OF BLOWTORCHES, WHY DID YOU NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT A TORCH? I WANT ONE IF IT COMES WITH A TORCH.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

no avatar
abehzadi

by abehzadi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Sorry, touch not included.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Why are you yelling?

The cooler that harmed me and my belongings was the same one you are advertising here. Was even red just like the one in your picture. I've used the Fridge to Go product and would recommend it to anyone. Very reliable and without the substantial risks the Coolzie here comes with.

It doesn't really matter what you did with a torch, just leaving this product in the sunlight might cause serious injuries. I hope no one with small children considers buying one.

no avatar
abehzadi

by abehzadi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 pm

I'M YELLING BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE SAME PRODUCT.THE PRODUCT I LINKED TO AND THAT IS ON KICKSTARTER HAS NEVER BEEN SOLD.ONLY
A FEW PROTOTYPES WERE BUILT AND WE HAVE ALL OF THEM.

If I Google coolzie the fridge to go product is the only other item that shows up.I don't know what product you had but please post a picture or link to what it was. Ours has no gel that can leak.

You may be trolling.I am taking this product seriously and am getting offended by your false accusations and repeatedly pointing out that the product can not be what harmed you. You say it is, prove it.

The following user would like to thank abehzadi for this post
Humberto

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Looks to me like you are using KickStarter to try to raise $30,000 to help pay for your product liability lawsuits.

no avatar
abehzadi

by abehzadi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Haha...nice. We don't have any lawsuits and we won't have any. Waiting for your proof.

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 pm

abehzadi wrote:Sorry, touch not included.

i don't want a "touch", what do you think i am, some kind of pervert? i want a torch. i was promised a torch.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

The following user would like to thank brichardsson for this post
mrchad9

colinr

by colinr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 pm

mrchad9 wrote:It doesn't really matter what you did with a torch, just leaving this product in the sunlight might cause serious injuries. I hope no one with small children considers buying one.

It sounds like this product could leave a family stranded in the wild, far from help. I'm concerned because I believe that children are our future.

The following user would like to thank colinr for this post
brichardsson

colinr

by colinr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 pm

abehzadi wrote:I'M YELLING BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE SAME PRODUCT.THE PRODUCT I LINKED TO AND THAT IS ON KICKSTARTER HAS NEVER BEEN SOLD.ONLY
A FEW PROTOTYPES WERE BUILT AND WE HAVE ALL OF THEM.

If I Google coolzie the fridge to go product is the only other item that shows up.I don't know what product you had but please post a picture or link to what it was. Ours has no gel that can leak.

You may be trolling.I am taking this product seriously and am getting offended by your false accusations and repeatedly pointing out that the product can not be what harmed you. You say it is, prove it.

When the product finally reaches the market, will it be biodegradable and non-toxic? Even patient bears get hungry.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 am

SeanReedy wrote:It sounds like this product could leave a family stranded in the wild, far from help. I'm concerned because I believe that children are our future.

Teach them well and let them lead the way.

The following user would like to thank MoapaPk for this post
brichardsson

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed May 01, 2013 12:16 am

abehzadi, what folks are trying to say is:

SP does not allow commercial posts (with a few well-defined exceptions, like selling gear).

PreviousNext

Return to Gear