Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Post GPX bugs or feature requsts here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Post GPX bugs or feature requsts here

Postby Alpinist » Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks Josh. I'll try that later today. I used a GPX editing program to delete portions of the route that were not part of the trail system. That program may have converted the GPX file as you described.

I wonder if I can just do a Find and Replace with a text editor to change "rtept" to "trkpt", or if there is something more to it than that?
Alpinist

Postby Alpinist » Thu May 19, 2011 6:45 pm

That link worked. Thanks Josh!
Alpinist

Postby jaimemarijke » Fri May 31, 2013 5:21 am

I seem to be hitting a bug in the GPX mapping feature. I accidentally uploaded the wrong GPX file first. I replaced it with the correct one, which sort of worked, but it looks like I am still seeing part of the track from the old one: http://www.summitpost.org/mt-ellinor-a- ... map/848267. I can't find a way to completely delete the GPX file and start fresh.
jaimemarijke

Postby Montana Matt » Fri May 31, 2013 7:40 pm

jaimemarijke wrote:I seem to be hitting a bug in the GPX mapping feature. I accidentally uploaded the wrong GPX file first. I replaced it with the correct one, which sort of worked, but it looks like I am still seeing part of the track from the old one

Weird. I don't think that can happen since the code only opens one GPX file. What makes you believe it is still showing part of the original (wrong) GPX file that was uploaded first?
jaimemarijke wrote:I can't find a way to completely delete the GPX file and start fresh.

Yes, I have that (a way to delete GPX files) on my list of things to add to the site when I have time.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Site Feedback