Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
boyblue

Re: Report Bugs Here

by boyblue » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 am

Josh Lewis wrote:Did you know this links to your profile? :P So if your Bob Sihler and view the link, it will bring you right back to your profile. If your Buz Groshong, it will link right to his when he views it. So take a chill pill, no one is targeting you. Let's not have national quit SP day. And just to prove this, view the link while being logged out and you will see it fail. But maybe you already knew that. :wink:

I thought I was pretty clear that I was joking! If not, sorry about that. :D

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:14 am

Scott wrote:It's times like these that summitpost needs an epic facepalm emoticon.

We have something similar. Your creation I think.

image.jpg
JL
image.jpg (389.03 KiB) Viewed 2036 times

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:28 am

boyblue wrote:I thought I was pretty clear that I was joking! If not, sorry about that. :D

You did say "Just having fun on an otherwise boring day" which is why I had a shred of hope that you were joking. You sounded pretty ticked off at the first part making it seem that you might have been serious at when you started typing.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:30 am

When are you coming to CA Josh? We need to get drunk.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 am

Lol, well right now I'm still in school. Right after school gets out I plan on going to Montana with Matt. But that's not the real reason I can't make it. I'm saving my money for a worthy investment. But in due time I ought to return to California. After all, I still haven't done Mount Shasta and would love to go up a cool route. 8)

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:29 pm

If I went that far I'd say something like "I'll also be a trail breaker for the number of hours it took for deleting my emails. And sleep lose from being stressed out about it". :P

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Or how about for each email I have to carry X pounds of gear for you. So if it was 40 emails, 40 pounds of gear for the entire trip plus what I have to carry. Need a lawn chair, a bucket of wood, an axe, a flame thrower. No problem, we'll have you a warm comfy fire in no time. :)

Hyadventure

by Hyadventure » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:12 pm

I can't post to the climbers log of Pyramid Peak, CO Logged out and back in, but still no luck. Tried different computers. no luck. And yes, I was able to sign
several other logs.

Just to be clear it's this page
http://www.summitpost.org/pyramid-peak/150475

And this is the error message:
insert_discussion() failed: DB Error: unknown error

Thanx
BJ

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:59 pm

What web browser do you use? I was able to sign it with no problem.

Fleshj27

Re: Can't load pages

by Fleshj27 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Okay, I'll play your silly game...why won't the Create Page process let me create a page? After I submit, I either get "address not correct" or a word doc looking thing back.

So far as I figure it's either
A: My internet connection (which isn't a problem for anything else)
B: Some weird glitch in New Summitpost
C: A personal vendetta perpetrated by a shadowy network who is out to get me.

Any suggestions.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Feed us some more details. Was this done on a cell phone? What browser? Did you copy and paste this text from a word document? We can't possibly know what the issue is until it is replicated on our end.

Proterra

by Proterra » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Elves,

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain-mete ... and/460005

Could you please find out what went wrong here? I went into this page to update the links - did not change anything else, but when I save the page suddenly everything is bolded.

Also, the section "change log" I added to it screws up totally...

Nevermind the above - found a workaround. Just need to save it in the new editor afterwards and it comes out okay...
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:02 pm

The new editor has a "self correcting" feature. Sometimes it's good, but other times it will destroy your page if your not careful. :wink: Okay maybe not destroy it, but add a lot of clean up work. Moral of the story is use good HTML. I'm guessing that their was no closing bold tag where it should have existed. I'm guessing the editor decided to strip it out considering that it was incomplete.

Proterra

by Proterra » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:44 pm

I guess - but I only use the old editor. Don't like the new editor, Wikipedia also uses something similar and I despise it.

Anyway - worked on that page in the old editor, used the old editor to fix some links, and suddenly found a load of shite after hitting the "save" button. Rolling it back to a previous version also didn't work. But I saw that it looked fine in the preview of the new editor, so I figured to save it through there, and suddenly everything worked fine, and then I went back into the old editor to fix the rest.

By the way, I saw in the tutorial which Montana Matt set up that the idea is to stick to a particular style, would it maybe be a nice idea (for SP v4 or so) to have a sort of EPiServer CMS kind of deal? Or is that too expensive?
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 am

I tend to go back and forth. Overall I like the old editor better, but the new one has it's advantages too. Feel free to let me know when you use the old editor and have a broken formatted page without using the new editor to fix it. I usually spot those issues in a jiffy. :) I would then be able to explain what went wrong.

I'm not familiar with EPiServer CMS, but I signed up to get a free demo for it. Unless it's scary priced, I don't think that will be an issue if it's both fairly easy to integrate into SummitPost and is proven to be beneficial. I'm trying to cook up some ideas for SP version 4 for this up coming Fall. I'd also like to see a re-done private message system which I plan on doing an investigation on that. It would also be nifty to be able to select the default editor in the profile.

Look what you did, now you got me saying a bunch of stuff that isn't related to bug fixes. :wink: I plan on having a thread dedicated to this kind of stuff in a few months.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback