Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Josh Lewis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:54 pm

That too. 8) I figured someone might back be up if I missed anything.
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
Josh Lewis

Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States

Postby Josh Lewis » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:30 am

Matt Lemke hasn't been able to do much SP work due to getting a really ugly SQL error (this is the one I got):

Code: Select all
replace_object() INSERT INTO `objects` SET `last_edit`=NOW(),`last_edit_user_id`='67750',`show_toc`='Yes',`construction`='No',`obj_type_name`='Cheezy Peak',`object_name`='Cheezy Peak',`province`=NULL,`county`=NULL,`latitude`=NULL,`longitude`=NULL,`private_attach`='Yes',`bannertypeclick`='htmlSticker',`query`='Find Weather',`object_body_ft`='It ain\'t easy being cheezy',`object_id`='863222',`type_id`='8',`creation`='2013-08-24 21:15:52',`created_user_id`='67750',`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0,`query_name`='Cheezy Peak' ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `last_edit`=NOW(),`last_edit_user_id`='67750',`show_toc`='Yes',`construction`='No',`obj_type_name`='Cheezy Peak',`object_name`='Cheezy Peak',`province`=NULL,`county`=NULL,`latitude`=NULL,`longitude`=NULL,`private_attach`='Yes',`bannertypeclick`='htmlSticker',`query`='Find Weather',`object_body_ft`='It ain\'t easy being cheezy',`object_id`='863222',`type_id`='8',`creation`='2013-08-24 21:15:52',`created_user_id`='67750',`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0,`query_name`='Cheezy Peak' failed: DB Error: no such field

Fortunately after doing over an hour of investigating I figured out it had to do with weather boxes (like weather underground and such). In this case there was a form and a event handler being called. :? After stripping out the code, poof the page worked just fine. Another interesting fact about that was that it occurred more in Google Chrome than FireFox. So if anyone gets crazy code like I have above, let me investigate it. I'll probably figure it out. :wink: But small time code, well I got more to learn for that part.
Josh Lewis

Postby silversummit » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:23 pm

I haven't read all the prior posts and I know this is a very minor bug but I was doing some searches (regular and advanced) and when I put in a date i.e. 2013 for images posted in 2013 the first image that comes up is from 2005. Other years also come up such as on p. 3 with 2011. I tried other specific years such as 2012 and 2007 and similar non-year specified images came up in the results.

Am I searching for something that the Search isn't designed to do?

Thanks...Kathy
silversummit

Postby Josh Lewis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Your post is a new one regarding this issue. Anyways, when searching "2013", this is because the owner of that image edited the description this year to have a link to an article. The article has a date stamp in it (probably the date it was published). It shows up first because it's the highest scored image with the number "2013". So if anything, the search is working just fine and it would be a bug if it didn't show up. :wink: So are you proposing a search by date feature? I think it would be a neat addition.
Josh Lewis

Postby silversummit » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Josh Lewis wrote:Your post is a new one regarding this issue. Anyways, when searching "2013", this is because the owner of that image edited the description this year to have a link to an article. The article has a date stamp in it (probably the date it was published). It shows up first because it's the highest scored image with the number "2013". So if anything, the search is working just fine and it would be a bug if it didn't show up. :wink: So are you proposing a search by date feature? I think it would be a neat addition.

Okay. Your explanation makes sense once I know what is causing the out-of-year-image to show. Search is actually searching in multiple fields even if I choose only Images to be searched and including modification dates etc..

I do find the current Search function "clunky" sort of.

Most of all, I'd like to have a link to the Advanced Search function right with the Basic Search option so I didn't have to go through Basic Search first.

Thanks!
silversummit

Postby Sierra_Tradster » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Hello,

I am unable to search the forum. I can search anything else.
Sierra_Tradster

Postby Sierra_Tradster » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:24 pm

I submitted a post and says that it is waiting to be reviewed before it is visible?! WTF?
Sierra_Tradster

Postby visentin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm

not able to add an image today
visentin

Postby Josh Lewis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Sierra_Tradster wrote:I submitted a post and says that it is waiting to be reviewed before it is visible?!

When your a fresh member, your posts must be reviewed. This helps us deal with spammers.

visentin wrote:not able to add an image today

Did this happen once? Did you try again? Did it show an error message? Did it display a page but no image? These clues will help us help you. Just now I uploaded a test image and could not replicate the error. However with some clues I might be able to.
Josh Lewis

Postby Sierra_Tradster » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 am

Josh Lewis wrote:
Sierra_Tradster wrote:I submitted a post and says that it is waiting to be reviewed before it is visible?!

When your a fresh member, your posts must be reviewed. This helps us deal with spammers.

visentin wrote:not able to add an image today

Did this happen once? Did you try again? Did it show an error message? Did it display a page but no image? These clues will help us help you. Just now I uploaded a test image and could not replicate the error. However with some clues I might be able to.

So when does that lift?

Also, I cannot search the forum either. I can search for mountains & rocks, or any other category except for the forum.
Sierra_Tradster

Postby Montana Matt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Sierra_Tradster wrote:So when does that lift?

The approval mechanism is supposed to lift automatically after a few posts are approved, though I don't know that it has been tested.
Sierra_Tradster wrote:Also, I cannot search the forum either. I can search for mountains & rocks, or any other category except for the forum.

Try here:
search.php
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby anita » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:45 am

4th time I'm trying to upload an image and after a few minutes this blank page appears.
I've logged out/in, tried from my phone... No work.
image.jpg
image.jpg (79.54 KiB) Viewed 239 times
anita

Postby Josh Lewis » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:22 am

Your image displays now Anita. 8)
Josh Lewis

Postby anita » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:24 am

Josh, the image I attached is what I get after I submit a new image...
anita

Postby Josh Lewis » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:26 am

You mentioned having issues with uploading the pic, I didn't see it at first. :? Perhaps you edited your post as I was typing.

Anyways, what web browser where you using?
Josh Lewis

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback