Looking for ongoing hiking/climbing partner - Adirondacks

Find climbing partners in the Eastern US
mdhandley

Looking for ongoing hiking/climbing partner - Adirondacks

by mdhandley » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:38 pm

I am looking for a regular hiking and climbing partner, preferably one more experienced that can help me learn and improve my mountaineering skills. I am a soldier stationed at Ft. Drum, NY, I am 26 years old, and I've been hiking recreationally for a few years, but have just recently decided to get into more serious mountaineering and climbing. I've taken an intro to climbing course and some personal ice-climbing instruction from a guide service in Keene, NY. I have a basic climbing rack, rope, and a variety of mountaineering and hiking gear. My goal is to start out by hiking the Adirondack 46 and doing some local climbs, then move up to more challenging local hikes and climbs in New England, and eventually on to more serious mountaineering. I am super laid-back, easy to get along with, and would love to find someone who can I can learn from.

no avatar
dengjonathan

Re: Looking for ongoing hiking/climbing partner - Adirondack

by dengjonathan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Hey dude,

Just moved up to Fort Drum this summer and have climbed trad in the Dacks quite a bit. Would be interested in learning ice this year and trail running as well. Am trying to get outside almost every weekend. Let me know

dengjonathan at gmail.com

langer318

Re: Looking for ongoing hiking/climbing partner - Adirondack

by langer318 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Take a look at New York Mountaineering:
http://www.meetup.com/newyorkmountaineering/

Return to US - Eastern (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)