FS-Hercules AST II 4 Season Mountaineering Tent

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
Scott
Forum Moderator

FS-Hercules AST II 4 Season Mountaineering Tent

by Scott » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm

I have a Sierra Designs Hercules AST II that I bought for a winter ascent of Muztag Ata, but the trip never took place. The tent has never been used or opened and still has the original pricetag.

I bought it because it was the strongest rated tent available for mountaineering.

From OMC Gear:

The Sierra Designs Hercules AST is a 2-person 4-season expedition tent meant to withstand the adverse weather conditions of high winds and heavy snow. In tests, the Hercules AST tent has remained structurally inact in winds over 100 mps (that's 224 miles per hour!). Trail weight 8lbs. 5oz.Packed weight 9lbs. 0oz.Fastpack weight 6lbs. 2oz.Floor space 35 square feetVestibule 14 square feetDoors 2Interior peak 41 inchesPortable Attic: YesPacked size 6 1/2 in. x 24 in.Number of doors 2Number of poles 2Diameter of poles 13.2 mmKind of poles DAC Press-fit 7001Number of External Guy Outs 6Stake Out Loops 6Clip Locs™ 1Inter-Locs™ 4Floor: 70D 2.6oz. Polyurethane Coated Nylon TaffetaCanopy: 40D 1.4oz. Ripstop NylonMesh: 20D 1.6 oz. Woven NylonFly: 30D, 1.94 oz. High-Tenacity Nylon 66, 246 Thread Count, Polyurethane and Silicone coating

I'd also be willing to trade for other mountaineering gear.

no avatar
pcbuse

Re: FS-Hercules AST II 4 Season Mountaineering Tent

by pcbuse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Are you still looking to sell your Hercules tent? Do you have pictures of it? What price are you looking for? -Paul

Return to Classifieds