Andrew Hamilton is currently attempting a new 14er record.

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Danny504

Andrew Hamilton is currently attempting a new 14er record.

by Danny504 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:02 am

Starting at 4:15AM on June 18th, Andrew Hamilton began his attempt to set a new record for summiting all 14ers in Colorado. In 1999 he set the record only to have it broken in 2001 by Teddy "Cave Dog" Keizer. His new attempt however is part of a larger attempt. To summit all 14ers in the continental U.S. including the 15 in California and Mt. Rainier in Washington in record time. As of this posting he has summiting 35 and is currently descending Mt. Belford.

You can follow him through his GPS tracking at https://share.delorme.com/14ers
His family and friends are also updating a few times a day with info and pictures at http://andrewhamilton.com/14ers/

Kiefer

Re: Andrew Hamilton is currently attempting a new 14er recor

by Kiefer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:23 am

Meh.
It's a cool feather (achievment) to have in his cap but I fail to see the point.

The following user would like to thank Kiefer for this post
Bob Sihler, brichardsson, MarkDidier

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:39 am

Kiefer wrote:Meh.
It's a cool feather (achievment) to have in his cap but I fail to see the point.

bragging rights, that's all it is. half of the scenery will be missed because it will be dark. whatever.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Short-lived internet fame?
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:

Short-lived internet fame?

compensation for having a small penis?
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

Monster5

by Monster5 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Haha I think the logistical/physical appreciation of this endeavor is geared more towards ultra racers rather than those sounding like a bunch of old hens clucking around on a forum.

This is a personal test of planning and physical/mental endurance. Pushing the limits of the human body and directing those efforts towards a goal - same as any other ultra or speed ascent. Is it not the style you prefer? Well, who gives a crap - you're not the one doing it and how we all experience and relate to the mountains differs.

Internet fame - he only posted the link on the forum because it is part of the "rules." Same as Homie. Both are pretty humble guys and superb athletes. Sure, interest has snowballed, but that's more on account of the viewers rather than the active participants.

The following user would like to thank Monster5 for this post
seano

Kiefer

by Kiefer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Monster5 wrote: than those sounding like a bunch of old hens clucking around on a forum

You're right, Ryan. 14ers has the henhouse cornered on this account.

Monster5

by Monster5 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Kiefer wrote:
Monster5 wrote: than those sounding like a bunch of old hens clucking around on a forum

You're right, Ryan. 14ers has the henhouse cornered on this account.

They're being supportive, showing interest, and creating a positive atmosphere, Kiefer. They're excited. A far better alternative than how forums usually are. They aren't doing the grumbling hipster deal detracting from the attitude.

Kiefer

by Kiefer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Oh I know they're being supportive. That's plain & evident. Your/mine henhouse allude was meant to the normal forums as they typically are which, we know all too well.

I didn't realize I was a hipster; I must have missed the memo on that one. You don't have to take someone else's generalized comment as a personal attack. Not every comment requires a personal jab Ryan.

Monster5

by Monster5 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Kiefer wrote: Not every comment requires a personal jab Ryan.

You're right. Bit hypocritical of me.

Kiefer wrote:You don't have to take someone else's generalized comment as a personal attack.

Same.

no avatar
mikegt87

by mikegt87 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Wow,

I came to summit post seeking information about a colorado 14er I am planning in August.

Since stumbling into this forum i have found numerous long heated bashing of 14er.com. Why? I have no idea. Then I come to this, downright hostility towards a guy attempting an amazing feat of logistics, endurance and courage. Casual dismissal of something that is actually pretty darn impressive. I co uldn't help myself, I had to register, this will be one of my only posts, and I will make sure to ALWAYS stay away from SP due to the toxic and elitist/negative attitude that is clearly evident in this thread.

You guys should be ashamed.

Return to Colorado