Slovenia

Find climbing partners in Europe.
no avatar
Peter R

Slovenia

by Peter R » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi,
Its been about 5 years since I was in the Julian alps when we trekked and scrambled between Kransja Gora and Bohinj. Then the huts around Triglav were adequate but with limited restaurant service. I'd love to go back and do Triglav again..... Compared to Austrian or Italian huts choice of food and wine was limited. Any experiences over recent years that may change my opinion ?
Thanks,
Peter

rgg
Forum Moderator

Re: Slovenia

by rgg » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:47 pm

I've been hiking and scrambling in the Triglav National Park in the summer of 2012 for a week, mostly staying in the mountain huts. In most cases, choice was still quite limited. From the huts I visited, the one I liked best was Pogačnikov dom. Though the menu was a bit limited, it still had enough choices for me, and it tasted excellent.

In contrast, I wasn't impressed by the food (and beverages) at Dom Valentina Staniča pod Triglavom. After having dinner and spending the night there, I passed on breakfast the next morning; I went to the nearby Triglavski dom na Kredarici instead to eat something.

The other huts I visited fell in between these two.

no avatar
danboydphysio

Re: Slovenia

by danboydphysio » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi,

I am travelling to the Julian Alps on the 16th of May - I'm very keen on getting to the top of Fornon Del Buinz and staying in the mountain hut at the top - has anyone done this as I would love to pick your brains.

Free physio advice is on offer :-)

Kind Regards

Dan

Return to Europe