Question about a specific summit cross

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
kloveslabs

Question about a specific summit cross

by kloveslabs » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:27 am

I am trying to find out the location of the summit cross shown in the German movie Vincent Wants to Sea, originally entitled Vincent will Meer. I will include a link to a website that shows a couple of images of this summit cross (scroll down on website) in hopes that someone may recognize it: http://lolency01.tistory.com/2664 . I am planning a visit abroad, and this is on my bucket list. If this is not posted on the correct forum, please let me know where would be the right place to post. Thanks in advance.

nartreb

Re: Question about a specific summit cross

by nartreb » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:21 pm

It's almost certainly in a German-speaking part of the Alps. The plaque on the cross depicts an edelweiss.

Since the audience is fairly local, the odds may be better than usual that it's really a spot you can reach easily if you were travelling from Bavaria to the coast of Italy, as the plot of the film suggests. Filming locations include Munich and Allgau - I'd look in Allgau and a bit south from there.

The trailer shows the cross briefly at about 01:30, and then a sweeping shot starting at 2:04. Anyone who's been there is sure to recognize it.
Last edited by nartreb on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nartreb

by nartreb » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:43 pm

On second thought there's an easier way to find it. Just google for "Vincent Will Meer Kreuz"

("Kreuz" = cross)

Answer: Nebelhorn, in the Allgau Alps.

The following user would like to thank nartreb for this post
Stefan

no avatar
kloveslabs

by kloveslabs » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 am

Thank you nartreb! I had spent hours on google researching to no avail. I did not know what the plaque represented. I am so glad you did know and thought to use the word Kreuz in your search. I sincerely appreciate you sharing your wisdom!

Return to Europe