Wanting to get serious

Find climbing partners in the Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX).
hippyman

Wanting to get serious

by hippyman » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:57 am

I've been a member, awol for awhile now, but I'm proud to say that that time has served me well. When I first joined, I had no idea how to get started, where to climb, etc. Now I have decided that after all I've been through, that I should just take the plunge and go for it. I am closest to the Wichita range, so if anyone has any pointers, by all means, point away. My only real question for now is, can you ever be too old to start climbing?

DukeJH

Re: Wanting to get serious

by DukeJH » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Nope. I caught the bug at 29 but one of climbing partners started in his early 40's.

I'm from Austin originally, lived in Fort Worth and have spent many days in the Sangre de Cristo range in Northern New Mexico. There are some beautiful peaks out that way.

The following user would like to thank DukeJH for this post
hippyman

hippyman

by hippyman » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:43 am

DukeJH wrote:Nope. I caught the bug at 29 but one of climbing partners started in his early 40's.

I'm from Austin originally, lived in Fort Worth and have spent many days in the Sangre de Cristo range in Northern New Mexico. There are some beautiful peaks out that way.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I got busy at the gym last year and kind of forgot about this site. What is the best way to get started in climbing? The only real gear I have right now are my legs :(

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sun May 15, 2016 3:18 am

Sunny Buns wrote:
The only real gear I have right now are my legs

Use those for now.

If you were a member of the "Unholy Trinity," you could use your tail as well. Even your pitchfork.
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Return to US - Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)