WTB: Mountaineering Boots Size 49 or 50

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
no avatar
matt4wheels

WTB: Mountaineering Boots Size 49 or 50

by matt4wheels » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:11 pm

In the market for a large pair of (ideally leather) mountaineering boots such as LaSportiva Nepal Extremes, Scarpa, Boreal, etc. Please let me know if you have anything for sale. Recently I found the Lowa Mountain Expert GTX in a 48.5 to be too small. Also, if you happen to know a US based retailer that for whatever reason has a pair of 49/50 auto/semi auto crampon compatable boots sitting on the shelf, please let me know. I have located an option in the UK who stocks the large Nepal Extremes. Waiting to see if there's a more cost conscious option out there. Needing to buy soon so all leads are greatly appreciated.

JonW

Re: WTB: Mountaineering Boots Size 49 or 50

by JonW » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:48 pm

As a fellow large footed climber, I feel your pain. Other than the LS Extreme in Europe, I'm not aware of single leather boots that come in a 49. I'm sure you're aware of the LS Baruntse which comes in a 49 and can be ordered on the LS website.

I was able to order the Scarpa Phantom 6000's in a 49 directly from Scarpa NA. The NA website states they only go up to a 48 but the European websites state they go up a 49. When I emailed Scarpa about this, they had a couple pairs of 49 in stock and I received them a week later. Bravo to Scarpa for great customer service!

There a lot of reviews online for both of these double boot options. I've climbed quite a bit in my Scarpa 6000's and they climb just as well as my old LS Nepal Extremes (which are a size 48 and a touch small on me). They're noticeably lighter than the Extremes too!

pauloo

Re: WTB: Mountaineering Boots Size 49 or 50

by pauloo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Just bought a pair of la sportivas nepal evo gtx's from REI in size 48. I know your pain. They also had one size larger available at the store I went to. Hope this helps.

Return to Classifieds